Old March 21st 07, 05:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Secret tube station

I have heard that there is a station which connects with tunnels of BT
and government? anyone know any more.

Old March 21st 07, 05:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21 Mar, 18:50, wrote:
I have heard that there is a station which connects with tunnels of BT
and government? anyone know any more.

There is a RUMOUR that a door exists within the Bakerloo Line part of
Charing Cross section which leads into the Whitehall system. I think
the general consensus is that this probably does exist, but needless
to say you're unlikely to get definitive proof.

Old March 21st 07, 07:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
roups.com...
I have heard that there is a station which connects with tunnels of BT
and government? anyone know any more.

Hi

Sorry to disappoint you - it's just a rumour!

Enough old & disused stations around to trigger such thoughts when you pass
through them (or some of the ventilation shafts).

Peter

Old March 22nd 07, 01:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have heard that there is a station which connects with tunnels of BT
and government? anyone know any more.

At the east end of the EB District+Circle line platform at Westminster
The section of platform just beyond the drivers monitors, you will see
that has never been modernised and that there is a white door.
This was a hastily built passage from Houses of Parliament if Churchill
and gang needed to evacuate during a wartime bombing raid etc.
I understand it was never used in such circumstances and has long
been filled in and passage no longer exists beyond said white door.
When Westminster station was modernised, that small section was
left "as was", so I assume it may have listed status?

This is the wikipedia entry and mention is made at bottom of page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westminster_tube_station

Old March 23rd 07, 07:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21 Mar, 20:15, "Peter & Elizabeth Corser"
wrote:
wrote in message
roups.com...
I have heard that there is a station which connects with tunnels of BT
and government? anyone know any more.

Hi

Sorry to disappoint you - it's just a rumour!

Enough old & disused stations around to trigger such thoughts when you pass
through them (or some of the ventilation shafts).

Peter

Last night passed through Charing Cross and there happened to be a
member of staff carrying out checks just along from the stairs that
lead to northbound Bakerloo there is a door the member of staff opened
it there was another door looked solid like a blast door he said they
don't have the key for that one it's opened from the other side, so
it's not a rumour. The member of staff was most informative he said
that there are similar things at both Liverpool St and Tottenham Court
Road, now planning to visit and speak to staff.

Old March 23rd 07, 07:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22 Mar, 02:59, "Rosanna" I'm unimportant from nowhere interesting
and I'm staying that way. wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

I have heard that there is a station which connects with tunnels of BT
and government? anyone know any more.

At the east end of the EB District+Circle line platform at Westminster
The section of platform just beyond the drivers monitors, you will see
that has never been modernised and that there is a white door.
This was a hastily built passage from Houses of Parliament if Churchill
and gang needed to evacuate during a wartime bombing raid etc.
I understand it was never used in such circumstances and has long
been filled in and passage no longer exists beyond said white door.
When Westminster station was modernised, that small section was
left "as was", so I assume it may have listed status?

This is the wikipedia entry and mention is made at bottom of page.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westminster_tube_station

You say the east end of the eastbound would that not be the wrong end
for HOP that would be scotland yard end?