London Banter

-   -   Olympic road closures (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5119-olympic-road-closures.html)

John Rowland March 22nd 07 02:31 AM

Olympic road closures

Quartermile Lane and Warton Road in Stratford are already closed... more
road closures to follow. Apparently they will be closed until after the
Olympics when "a new and improved road network will be in place". The
security guard at Quartermile Lane has been instructed not to reveal the
reason for the closure to anyone... good plan, we don't want terrorists
finding out that the Olympics will take place in Stratford. Lets hope the
terrorists don't read the following website
http://www.london2012.org/NR/rdonlyr...resleaflet.pdf
or if they do read it, lets hope they don't find out that there's an Arabic
version.

alex_t March 22nd 07 03:54 PM

Olympic road closures

Well, at long as Pudding Mill Lane DLR will be accessible - I'm not
bothered.

Paul Scott March 22nd 07 03:59 PM

Olympic road closures

"alex_t" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, at long as Pudding Mill Lane DLR will be accessible - I'm not
bothered.

Better put in your diary that its shut for the duration of the Olympics,
because it is too small - which might include the period leading up to it?

Paul

alex_t March 22nd 07 06:56 PM

Olympic road closures

Better put in your diary that its shut for the duration of the Olympics,
because it is too small - which might include the period leading up to it?

Hopefully it won't be a problem for me - I *really* hope to move to a
better area by 2012!