Old March 31st 07, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Underground delay vouchers

I received some vouchers from LU recently after 2 tube delays. The reverse
of the vouchers state they can also be used at Natioanl Rail stations in the
south east where part of the journey includes the underground.

However, I went to a major London terminal earlier (Euston), and the booking
clerk refused to accept the vouchers despite my ticket including
cross-London transfer. He didn't accept the condition on the reverse as it
was a tube voucher!

Who was right?

Old March 31st 07, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Toby wrote:
I received some vouchers from LU recently after 2 tube delays. The reverse
of the vouchers state they can also be used at Natioanl Rail stations in the
south east where part of the journey includes the underground.

However, I went to a major London terminal earlier (Euston), and the booking
clerk refused to accept the vouchers despite my ticket including
cross-London transfer. He didn't accept the condition on the reverse as it
was a tube voucher!

Who was right?

The clerk at Euston. They can *only* be used for journeys involving an
LU *zonal* ticket (e.g. a Travelcard or a point-to-point ticket to Zone
Uwhatever, or a specific LU station in the case of Met stations beyond
Moor Park).

The relevant section of Retail Manual Part 1 is Section L (Methods of
Payment for Tickets), Paragraph 10.6.2:

quote

These vouchers should be accepted at stations and offices in the former
Network SouthEast area as full or part payment for any day or period
Travelcard or for any ticket that is valid for through travel to a
London Underground (including Docklands Light Railway) zone or station,
eg. Luton to Zone U12.

/quote

HTH,

Barry
Old March 31st 07, 05:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Barry Salter" wrote in message
Toby wrote:
[...]

Ok, but how does that explain the fact that I was later able to use the
voucher to buy a return from Harpenden to Windosr and Eton Central, at St
Pancras ticket office? The clerk there at first wasn't sure, then checked
and came back saying I could use them as part of the ticket did involve
underground travel!