London Banter

-   -   Victoria line 2009 stock customer feedback (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5180-victoria-line-2009-stock-customer.html)

[email protected] April 14th 07 10:12 AM

Victoria line 2009 stock customer feedback

Never posted here before, but I put in a recent FOI request about the
results of the 2009 stock trial at Euston. The responses were two PDF
documents that I have posted he

http://freedomoftravel.blogspot.com/

The main issue is the seat comfort, but people are overall very
positive about the design.

Robin Mayes April 14th 07 06:40 PM

Victoria line 2009 stock customer feedback

wrote in message
oups.com...
Never posted here before, but I put in a recent FOI request about the
results of the 2009 stock trial at Euston. The responses were two PDF
documents that I have posted he

http://freedomoftravel.blogspot.com/

The main issue is the seat comfort, but people are overall very
positive about the design.

Thanks for publishing that. I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice the use
of 'old style' butterfly cocks!

[email protected] April 16th 07 08:49 AM

Victoria line 2009 stock customer feedback

The responses were two PDF
documents that I have posted he

I attended the exhibition at Euston and wrote two responses in their
book, but only one of them appears in the PDF - "Why such a tiny
sticker saying Victoria Line?"
My second comment about the possibility of a tip up seat that stays up
when it's up and stays down when it's down, is not recorded, and I
can't see any equivalent question about the dangers of tip up seats
which spring up when people are trying to sit down on them.
Does anyone else here believe they gave a response which was not
recorded?

Dominic

Michael Hoffman April 16th 07 10:21 AM

Victoria line 2009 stock customer feedback

]
http://freedomoftravel.blogspot.com/

[Robin Mayes]
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice the use
of 'old style' butterfly cocks!

What is a butterfly cock, dare I ask?
--
Michael Hoffman

Steve Dulieu April 16th 07 10:39 AM

"Michael Hoffman" wrote in message
]
http://freedomoftravel.blogspot.com/

[Robin Mayes]
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice the use of 'old style' butterfly
cocks!

What is a butterfly cock, dare I ask?

It's a device to allow someone outside a train to open a couple of doors on
a single car in an emergency.
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.

Luke Ross April 18th 07 01:03 PM

Victoria line 2009 stock customer feedback

Hi,

wrote:
Does anyone else here believe they gave a response which was not
recorded?

I put in several comments, most of which were covered in the list, but
one of them seems to have been missed. It was about the scrolling
displays - I find on existing stock they're often not very useful
because of the long scrolling messages, so they aren't often
displaying the name of the next stop and/or terminus. I suggested the
messages need to ensure the stop name is clearly displayed most of the
time, especially as the windows are too small to see outside!

Luke