Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 19th 07, 11:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Guards? What guards?

On 19 Apr, 17:52, wrote:
Of course TfL should abolish Guards on the NLL, who contribute nothing
to passenger safety and stay safely locked in their cabs whilst
travelling through the NLL's many areas of "bandit country". BUT they
should be replaced by permanent in-car roving security/revenue
presence and that's unlikely to happen. It's still not clear just how
gated/staffed some of the smaller NLL stations will be and, without
permanently-staffed gatelines at all stations the rabble are still
going to have unfettered access as at present.

Cheers Bowroa,

Blad you want TFL to get rid of my job!!!! Does that mean you will be
able to look after me and my wife, pay our rent, pay for our holidays,
pay all our bills, pay for my Arsenal season ticket, For the next 22
that i can still work?

I wonder bowroa do you contribute anything to society? Because if you
did you would'nt make a remark like the one above. If you know how bad
it is on the NLL then you would know that we dont just sit in the
cabs. I wish that is all i ever did was sit in the cabs doing nothing,
however thats far from the truth. Its rather strange that people say i
didnt know that Guards were employed on the trains. Yet when the
service is up the swanny every one seems to know where to go to vent
their anger.

It would appear that people have been lead up the garden path by
Railway Managers wanting to change the name of the grade Guard to any
other word apart from Guard, like 'Conductor' If i wanted to be a
Conductor i would have joined London Transport Buses and been a Bus
Conductor, however if i did that i would already be out of a job.

I am also glad that Neil Williams thinks its also a good idea for me
to out of a job, however not even he can be that naive that any money
saved will go into having a 10 minute train service. And that is if
their is any saved, i mean up to 100 Railway Guards being put on the
DOLE means that where money is saved in one place it increases
elsewhere and will put extra burden on the government who will hav e
to pay for us being on the dole.

I would be very interested to meet you two i am on the West London
Line all afternoon tomorrow perhaps you can come and have a chat and
explain to me why you want me off the railways.

Keithy.
A soon to be made redundant Guard. For the second time,