London Banter

-   -   Banksy at Old Street Tube (Tarantino Bananas) (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5202-banksy-old-street-tube-tarantino.html)

David F April 20th 07 02:30 PM

Banksy at Old Street Tube (Tarantino Bananas)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6575345.stm

Whatever you think about whether removing this was a good thing or a
bad thing, it looks a lot worse now it's gone. Strange that it's on
BBC News today since it was removed a number of months ago. Inbetween
now and then, the site has been used for grafitti tagging and pro-
Islamic grafitti, and then anti Islamic grafitti.

Personally, I liked it. I live around the area and quite a lot of his
stuff has been removed recently.

[email protected] April 20th 07 05:00 PM

On 20 Apr, 15:30, David F wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6575345.stm

Whatever you think about whether removing this was a good thing or a
bad thing, it looks a lot worse now it's gone. Strange that it's on
BBC News today since it was removed a number of months ago. Inbetween
now and then, the site has been used for grafitti tagging and pro-
Islamic grafitti, and then anti Islamic grafitti.

Personally, I liked it. I live around the area and quite a lot of his
stuff has been removed recently.

While I'm always a bit dubious about values attached to this sort of
thing, £300,000 seems a rather costly bit of "cleaning"!

Brian Watson April 21st 07 06:48 AM

Banksy at Old Street Tube (Tarantino Bananas)

wrote in message
oups.com...

While I'm always a bit dubious about values attached to this sort of

thing, £300,000 seems a rather costly bit of "cleaning"!

Ah, but it had to be removed intact so it could be sold to boost the pension
fund.

:-)
--
Brian