London Banter

-   -   Parking at ExCel (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5213-parking-excel.html)

eastender April 27th 07 05:06 PM

Parking at ExCel

Anyone know if there's free parking near the ExCel centre on Saturdays?

thx

E.

eastender April 29th 07 09:12 PM

Parking at ExCel

In article ,
eastender wrote:

Anyone know if there's free parking near the ExCel centre on Saturdays?

thx

E.

To answer my own question took a chance and rove there yesterday - loads
of free street parking at any time nearby by Custom House DLR although I
wouldn't want to leave the car there overnight.

BTW, there's an overground line there too - but looks disused - is it?

E.

Paul Scott April 30th 07 08:58 AM

Parking at ExCel

"eastender" wrote in message
In article ,
eastender wrote:

Anyone know if there's free parking near the ExCel centre on Saturdays?

thx

E.

To answer my own question took a chance and rove there yesterday - loads
of free street parking at any time nearby by Custom House DLR although I
wouldn't want to leave the car there overnight.

BTW, there's an overground line there too - but looks disused - is it?

Its the remains of the NLL between Stratford and North Woolwich that closed
last December? to allow for conversion into the DLR Stratford International
extension.

Paul

eastender April 30th 07 09:57 AM

Parking at ExCel

Paul Scott wrote:

Its the remains of the NLL between Stratford and North Woolwich that closed
last December? to allow for conversion into the DLR Stratford International
extension.

yes, i see that now. Can't help thinking that we really shouldn't be closing
down track these days.

E.

Paul Scott April 30th 07 10:10 AM

Parking at ExCel

"eastender" wrote in message
Paul Scott wrote:

Its the remains of the NLL between Stratford and North Woolwich that
closed
last December? to allow for conversion into the DLR Stratford
International
extension.

yes, i see that now. Can't help thinking that we really shouldn't be
closing
down track these days.

Although it is being closed as part of the NLL, the formation through Custom
House and through the Connaught Tunnel is reserved for use by the Crossrail
scheme, so if that ever happens it isn't actually being closed
permanently...

Paul