Old May 3rd 07, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default PAYG Balance & Travelcard

Can I use the money on my PAYG Oyster to purchase a One Day Travelcard from
the ticket machine?

Old May 4th 07, 12:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 3 May 2007 19:34:36 +0100, "News_Demon"
wrote:

Can I use the money on my PAYG Oyster to purchase a One Day Travelcard from
the ticket machine?

No.
Old May 12th 07, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Why would you want to? Surely it would charge you the higher "cash"
fare anyway, or were you expecting to be issued an "oyster equivalent
fare" travelcard ticket from the machine?

Why would you want that? Just out of curiosity and boredom, damn
other reason I sit here ;-)

Old May 12th 07, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 12, 12:38 pm, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

Why would you want to? Surely it would charge you the higher "cash"
fare anyway, or were you expecting to be issued an "oyster equivalent
fare" travelcard ticket from the machine?
Why would you want that? Just out of curiosity and boredom, damn
other reason I sit here ;-)

Maybe the OP wants to travel on National Rail, where Oyster can't be
used on most parts.

Maybe the OP recognises Oyster for the sham it is when it comes to
travelling at the weekend with replacement buses