Old May 7th 07, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default To Luton - Advice?

In ,
Bob Wood typed:
In oups.com,
Dave typed:

Hi, I will be travelling to Luton a few days over the coming few
months.

I was hoping anyone here could advise me on the cheapest route
possible.

Travelling form central London to Luton.

I don't mind using bus if it is cheaper, but do have to be there
before 9am.

Easybus http://www.easybus.co.uk is 'from £2 single'.

Until 26th May, Leaves from Gloucester Place, near Baker Street and
Marylebone underground stations.

From 27th May, you can book via the easybus website on the Greenline
757 service. Although all bookings will be from/to Victoria, you
will be allowed to board or alight additionally at ot near Marble
Arch, Gloucester Place/Baker Street tube, Finchley Road tube, Brent
Cross shopping centre.

Whoooops!! Don't know what made me think Luton Airport!

--
Bob

Old May 7th 07, 02:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Bob Wood ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

I was hoping anyone here could advise me on the cheapest route
possible.

Gotta be Thameslink

Cheaper than the various coaches?

My time has value - especially if I need to be there for 9am.

But it's not your enquiry. The OP specifically stated that he didn't
mind using a coach if it was cheaper.

He also stated he needed to be there for 9am.

With the current M1 roadworks, there ain't no way that the coach is going
to be able to deliver that reliably without leaving *very* early.
Old May 7th 07, 02:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In ,
John Rowland typed:

There is a coach (
http://www.greenline.co.uk/__80256E2...4?OpenDocument
) which runs all night from Finchley Road Station or Brent Cross A41
roundabout to Luton Airport. Bizarrely it goes to Central Luton
before the airport. Green Line seems shy about its prices though.

No. It starts from Victoria and calls at these places on its way to
Luton Airport.

--
Bob

Old May 7th 07, 04:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

D7666 wrote:
On May 7, 5:16 am, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Bizarrely it goes to Central Luton
before the airport.

Why do you consider that bizarre ?

Because my ideas about Luton's geography were all wrong ;-)

Old May 8th 07, 09:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 7, 9:59 am, Dave wrote:
Hi, I will be travelling to Luton a few days over the coming few
months.

I was hoping anyone here could advise me on the cheapest route
possible.

Travelling form central London to Luton.

I don't mind using bus if it is cheaper, but do have to be there
before 9am.

Kind Regards,

Stelios (of Easyjet fame) has cheap buses going to Luton from Central
London.
Pretty sure it'll been Thameslink on price.
But with rush hour on the M1 I think you spend some considerable time
in traffic most of the time.