Old May 10th 07, 05:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Idea (LU photography permits)

I was reading TfL's website (part about commercial photography) and
have an idea: what about several railfans buying several hours of
"shooting" time together? Since the total cost will be split (I think
groups of up to 5 persons allowed), it won't be too expensive. And
among interesting locations there are Charing Cross (I suppose the
Jubilee one) and Aldwych. Also looks like it could even be possible to
shoot from the driver's cabin (only two persons at a time though) -
I'd love to go around the Inner Circle this way ;-)

Anybody tried that?

Old May 11th 07, 11:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

For private use, TfL offer a "student" permit which IIRC is free. TfL
press office told me last year that there is no upper age limit for a
student permit and it can be used by enthusiasts,

But that permit won't get me to Aldwych or Charing Cross (Jubilee) -
and that's the point.

Old May 11th 07, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

alex_t wrote:
For private use, TfL offer a "student" permit which IIRC is free.
TfL press office told me last year that there is no upper age
limit for a student permit and it can be used by enthusiasts,

But that permit won't get me to Aldwych or Charing Cross (Jubilee) -
and that's the point.

So what does a student permit actually enable one to do that one can't
do already as an ordinary passenger?
--
Richard J.

Old May 11th 07, 05:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

So what does a student permit actually enable one to do that one can't
do already as an ordinary passenger?

Some protection from the occasional harassment by the certain ignorant
members of staff? At least there will be some permit to show them. I'm
actually planning on applying for myself.