London Banter

-   -   [OT] 'Unearthing Buried Rivers' on Radio 4 (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5265-ot-unearthing-buried-rivers-radio.html)

Tom Anderson May 15th 07 08:32 PM

[OT] 'Unearthing Buried Rivers' on Radio 4

Well,

It's not transport (unless you're a water vole), but it's London and it's
underground (ish):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio...?radio4/nature

And it's quite interesting!

tom

--
Just because Congresspeople do it, doesn't mean it's right. -- Ian York

John Rowland May 15th 07 09:08 PM

Tom Anderson wrote:
Well,

It's not transport (unless you're a water vole), but it's London and
it's underground (ish):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio...?radio4/nature

And it's quite interesting!

Thannks..... but as soon as you click on the link it automatically puts the
volume right up on your speakers.... I was playing "30 Seconds Over Tokyo"
at the time, and I think it may have actually been heard in Tokyo.

Richard J. May 15th 07 09:57 PM

John Rowland wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:
Well,

It's not transport (unless you're a water vole), but it's London
and it's underground (ish):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio...?radio4/nature

And it's quite interesting!

Thannks..... but as soon as you click on the link it automatically
puts the volume right up on your speakers....

I think you'll find that's either because the last time you used the BBC
Radio Player you turned its volume control up, or because you had your
sound card set to a higher volume on that channel ('wave' on mine) than
whatever channel you were listening on previously*, or a combination of
both.

* On my PC, I right-click on the Volume icon on the system tray, select
Adjust Audio Properties, and on the Volume tab (Device Volume section),
click on Advanced. This gives separate volume controls for 8 channels
(Wave, Midi, Aux, Video, Microphone etc.). Depends on your sound card,
I guess.
--
Richard J.