Old June 1st 07, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Sarah Siddons in action

She passed Northwood southbound on the fast line about 15:00 today, at
the rear of some of the "steam on the Met" Mk1s. Anyone know what was
going on, and what (if anything) was at the front? And weren't all the
Mk1s sold off?

StuartJ

Old June 1st 07, 04:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

StuartJ wrote:
She passed Northwood southbound on the fast line about 15:00 today, at
the rear of some of the "steam on the Met" Mk1s. Anyone know what was
going on, and what (if anything) was at the front? And weren't all the
Mk1s sold off?

IIRC, one 4TC set and all of the "loose" Mk I and Mk II coaches have been
sold so far. I'm not sure if the other TC is up for sale or if LUL intend to
retain it - it would make sense to hang on to something to work with SS when
she's out and about (very rare, these days!).

I'm not sure if it is there yet but the Class 20 Society's 20 227 left
Barrow Hill on 31st by road, to go to Neasden - it may have been out on
test.

See also: http://tinyurl.com/2gtnry

or

http://www.tubechallenge.com/forum/v...bc1f 12b6a2b8

Old June 1st 07, 05:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 1, 5:46 pm, "Jack Taylor" wrote:
StuartJ wrote:
She passed Northwood southbound on the fast line about 15:00 today, at
the rear of some of the "steam on the Met" Mk1s. Anyone know what was
going on, and what (if anything) was at the front? And weren't all the
Mk1s sold off?

IIRC, one 4TC set and all of the "loose" Mk I and Mk II coaches have been
sold so far. I'm not sure if the other TC is up for sale or if LUL intend to
retain it - it would make sense to hang on to something to work with SS when
she's out and about (very rare, these days!).

I'm not sure if it is there yet but the Class 20 Society's 20 227 left
Barrow Hill on 31st by road, to go to Neasden - it may have been out on
test.

See also: http://tinyurl.com/2gtnry

or

http://www.tubechallenge.com/forum/v...5&sid=8bcb1cec...

Sarah Siddons will formerly be given back to LU on Sunday 10 June.
There will be a special Metropolitan Line staff and VIP train on the
day too.

Old June 1st 07, 05:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

StuartJ ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

She passed Northwood southbound on the fast line about 15:00 today, at
the rear of some of the "steam on the Met" Mk1s.

Right, this is prompting me to ask something that's been irregularly
popping up at the back of my mind for a while...

What HAS happened to "Steam on the Met"?

Have I just missed it the last few years, or has it slunk off?
Old June 1st 07, 05:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 1, 6:30 pm, Adrian wrote:
StuartJ ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

She passed Northwood southbound on the fast line about 15:00 today, at
the rear of some of the "steam on the Met" Mk1s.

Right, this is prompting me to ask something that's been irregularly
popping up at the back of my mind for a while...

What HAS happened to "Steam on the Met"?

Have I just missed it the last few years, or has it slunk off?

It hasnt happened for the last few years (last was in 2000/1 I think.

Maybe it will be back before the PPP Upgrade is completed - for a
final send off...... :-)

Old June 1st 07, 05:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steam on the Met was a casualty of the LU/Infraco PPP split, plus with
a dose of elf n'safety thrown in for good measure no doubt.

Old June 1st 07, 06:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying
:

Steam on the Met was a casualty of the LU/Infraco PPP split, plus with
a dose of elf n'safety thrown in for good measure no doubt.

Boo! Hiss!
Old June 1st 07, 06:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 1, 6:55 pm, wrote:
Steam on the Met was a casualty of the LU/Infraco PPP split, plus with
a dose of elf n'safety thrown in for good measure no doubt.

This isnt really a big part of it to be honest - after all it is
Metronet that have restored Sarah Siddons.

I reckon Steam on the Met will be back for one last time in a few
years.....

Old June 2nd 07, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 1 Jun, 18:10, chunky munky wrote:

Sarah Siddons will formerly be given back to LU on Sunday 10 June.

I often see "formally" when people mean "formerly" but this is the
first time I've seen the opposite error.

Old June 2nd 07, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Adrian wrote:

What HAS happened to "Steam on the Met"?

Have I just missed it the last few years, or has it slunk off?

Steam on the Met was last held in May 2000, being suspended after that
in preparation for the introduction of the PPP.

Having said that, LU's Safety Case (not currently available on the TfL
website, as it's being superseded) *did* allow for the operation of
"heritage" main line and underground stock and, indeed, the Traffic
Circular mentions a 10kph (sic) speed limit for steam locos over a
bridge near Wembley Park.

Cheers,

Barry