Old June 18th 07, 12:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default What is this bus?

It appears to be vaguely Routemaster-like.

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=59343
--
David of Broadway
New York, NY, USA

Old June 18th 07, 05:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"David of Broadway" wrote in message
It appears to be vaguely Routemaster-like.

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=59343

Bristol VRT SL3, with Eastern Coachworks body.

Old June 18th 07, 07:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

David of Broadway ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

It appears to be vaguely Routemaster-like.

In that it's red and has two floors, perhaps...
Old June 18th 07, 09:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Matt Wheeler wrote:
"David of Broadway" wrote in message

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=59343

It appears to be vaguely Routemaster-like.

Nay, nay and thrice nay!

Bristol VRT SL3, with Eastern Coachworks body.

I think these buses were never used in London, but were common in Manchester
and other provincial cities.

Old June 18th 07, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
Matt Wheeler wrote:

Bristol VRT SL3, with Eastern Coachworks body.

I think these buses were never used in London, but were common in
Manchester and other provincial cities.

VRs were widespread across the National Bus Company but not so common
amongst municipal operators.

Old June 18th 07, 02:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Jack Taylor
writes

Bristol VRT SL3, with Eastern Coachworks body.

I think these buses were never used in London, but were common in
Manchester and other provincial cities.

VRs were widespread across the National Bus Company but not so common
amongst municipal operators.

And some were used in London in the early days of tendering. I don't
think any were red though BICBW.
Old June 18th 07, 05:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:27:34 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Matt Wheeler wrote:
"David of Broadway" wrote in message

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=59343

It appears to be vaguely Routemaster-like.

Nay, nay and thrice nay!

Bristol VRT SL3, with Eastern Coachworks body.

I think these buses were never used in London, but were common in Manchester
and other provincial cities.

They were used in London. When Eastern National (later Thamesway) won
tenders on LT routes they used VRs. The 193, 20, 275, 359 and 307 all
had them. Ensign Bus also used the odd one of two on some commercial
services in Romford and Eastern National and London Country used them on
commercial services from Essex into East London.

--
Paul C