London Banter

-   -   Bus fares to be cut to 90p from 30 Sept (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5368-bus-fares-cut-90p-30-a.html)

asdf June 19th 07 12:17 AM

Bus fares to be cut to 90p from 30 Sept

Ken Livingstone has announced that Oyster PAYG single bus fares are to
be cut from £1.00 to 90p from 30 September.

The price of a weekly bus pass will fall from £14 to £13.

He states that this is possible due to rising Tube and bus passenger
numbers, and increased efficiency on the part of TfL.

http://www.london.gov.uk/view_press_...eleaseid=12395

[email protected] June 19th 07 09:11 AM

On 19 Jun, 01:17, asdf wrote:
Ken Livingstone has announced that Oyster PAYG single bus fares are to
be cut from £1.00 to 90p from 30 September.

The price of a weekly bus pass will fall from £14 to £13.

There seems to be no comment about the 'daily price capping' bus pass,
which I presume remains at £3.00.

It still suprises me that off-peak PAYG fares were abolished on the
buses. I always thought different peak and off-peak prices were one of
the objectives of introducing Oyster.

Dominic

asdf June 19th 07 01:01 PM

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 02:11:27 -0700, wrote:

It still suprises me that off-peak PAYG fares were abolished on the
buses. I always thought different peak and off-peak prices were one of
the objectives of introducing Oyster.

Different peak and off-peak bus fares existed in London long before
Oyster. They disappeared around the time of the move to flat fares.