Old June 22nd 07, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Regent's Park underground station lifts and sign spelling? Need pics!

I heard a long discussion on a London talk radio station about the re-
opened Regent's Park tube station and how it went over-budget, opened
late, lifts weren't working etc - the usual stuff, no surprise,
that'll be Metronet.

The part I'm interested in is the bit where several people said that
the signs for Madame Tussauds had been spelt wrongly.

Does anyone have a picture of this? I put a watch for this story on
Google News since Tuesday and have looked in other sources and can't
find it. Or does anyone know what the mis-spelling was? I thought it
would be classic if they'd put "TwoSwords" or something. Anyway, any
info appreciated.

Old June 22nd 07, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Jun 22, 11:58 am, Jonathan wrote:
I heard a long discussion on a London talk radio station about the re-
opened Regent's Park tube station and how it went over-budget, opened
late, lifts weren't working etc - the usual stuff, no surprise,
that'll be Metronet.

The part I'm interested in is the bit where several people said that
the signs for Madame Tussauds had been spelt wrongly.

Does anyone have a picture of this? I put a watch for this story on
Google News since Tuesday and have looked in other sources and can't
find it. Or does anyone know what the mis-spelling was? I thought it
would be classic if they'd put "TwoSwords" or something. Anyway, any
info appreciated.

Probably spelt it "Tussaurds" or missed off the apostrophe that should
be there (but is never used by Madame Tussauds itself, unlike
Sainsbury's.)

Old June 22nd 07, 12:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Jonathan ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

The part I'm interested in is the bit where several people said that
the signs for Madame Tussauds had been spelt wrongly.

Does anyone have a picture of this? I put a watch for this story on
Google News since Tuesday and have looked in other sources and can't
find it. Or does anyone know what the mis-spelling was? I thought it
would be classic if they'd put "TwoSwords" or something. Anyway, any
info appreciated.

My money's on simply missing the "e" from the end of "Madame"
Old June 22nd 07, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 245.131...

My money's on simply missing the "e" from the end of "Madame"

That's what it was. There was a picture of it in the Standard on (I think)
Wednesday.

Ian

Old June 22nd 07, 08:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 22 Jun, 13:14, Adrian wrote:
Jonathan ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

The part I'm interested in is the bit where several people said that
the signs for Madame Tussauds had been spelt wrongly.

Does anyone have a picture of this? I put a watch for this story on
Google News since Tuesday and have looked in other sources and can't
find it. Or does anyone know what the mis-spelling was? I thought it
would be classic if they'd put "TwoSwords" or something. Anyway, any
info appreciated.

My money's on simply missing the "e" from the end of "Madame"

Which would make it an entirely different kind of establishment
altogether...

Old June 22nd 07, 08:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Jun 22, 9:33 pm, Ianigsy wrote:

My money's on simply missing the "e" from the end of "Madame"

Which would make it an entirely different kind of establishment
altogether...

Was my mind at the same gutteral level before i got this far down the
thread ?

--
Nick

Old June 22nd 07, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message .com,
Jonathan writes
I heard a long discussion on a London talk radio station about the re-
opened Regent's Park tube station and how it went over-budget, opened
late, lifts weren't working etc - the usual stuff, no surprise, that'll
be Metronet.

I saw it open again for the first time yesterday morning. Imagine my
surprise yesterday evening when on my return Bakerloo train the
announcement went out that it was still closed. There was some
surprise among fellow passengers, too, followed by bemusement as we
promptly stopped there and gained passengers.

I wonder how the automated announcement came not to be updated? LUL are
usually very thorough about this sort of thing in my experience.

--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old June 23rd 07, 06:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Jun 22, 1:52 pm, "Ian F." wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

. 245.131...

My money's on simply missing the "e" from the end of "Madame"

That's what it was. There was a picture of it in the Standard on (I think)
Wednesday.

Bah! A bit of a disappointment then. Still, wouldn't mind a pic, but I
was expecting a little more, what with all the fuss they were making
on the radio!

Thanks for letting me know anway

Old June 23rd 07, 10:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 23 Jun, 07:27, Jonathan wrote:
On Jun 22, 1:52 pm, "Ian F." wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message

.245.131...

My money's on simply missing the "e" from the end of "Madame"

That's what it was. There was a picture of it in the Standard on (I think)
Wednesday.

Bah! A bit of a disappointment then. Still, wouldn't mind a pic, but I
was expecting a little more, what with all the fuss they were making
on the radio!

Thanks for letting me know anway

What must be remembered is that LU supply the information regards what
is required on signs etc it's there spec yes we know Metronet make
lots of mistakes also re the lifts with new equipment there is always
teething problems and pressure to re-open does not allow for breaking
them in or should that be warranty just like a car.

Old June 23rd 07, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
G G is offline

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 03:26:01 -0700,
wrote:

it's there spec [SIC] yes we know Metronet make lots of mistakes

Guess they aren't the only ones, eh?