Old July 11th 07, 06:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default North London Line goes 4-car in early 2011

Peter Lawrence wrote:

Which coaches were short enough that 4 of them would fit in here -
class 501 perhaps??

The 501s were also three-car sets. There were, of course, the 2-car 2-EPBs
(class 416) in the interim - I don't remember any booked four car formations
BICBW.

Old July 11th 07, 10:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:12:53 GMT, "Jack Taylor"
wrote:

Peter Lawrence wrote:

Which coaches were short enough that 4 of them would fit in here -
class 501 perhaps??

The 501s were also three-car sets. There were, of course, the 2-car 2-EPBs
(class 416) in the interim - I don't remember any booked four car formations
BICBW.

IIRC the 2-EPBs were 63ft coaches. As a number of NLL platforms had
been shortened some years previously to leave only enough sound
structure for 3x57ft 501s and some of those ex-platform areas had new
structures within them there would have been difficulty in using
2x2EPBs at many stations.
Old July 12th 07, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:
(class 416) in the interim - I don't remember any booked four car formations
BICBW.

structures within them there would have been difficulty in using
2x2EPBs at many stations.

nickpick at extreme levels of nit-pickery

For the 1988 Docklands concert of Jean Michel Jarre the NLL ran 4 car
trains of both 2x2EPB and 4EPB.

/ nickpick at extreme levels of nit-pickery

)

Unable to resist posting that.

--
Nick

Old July 12th 07, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

D7666 wrote:

For the 1988 Docklands concert of Jean Michel Jarre the NLL ran 4 car
trains of both 2x2EPB and 4EPB.

Unable to resist posting that.

I didn't ride the EPBs but I was at the gig! It peed down for most of the
evening and it required a mega-move after the gig, by coach back to Reading,
up to Harrogate for a few hours kip (aquaplaning up the M1) and then across
to York for my god-daughter's christening the following morning. Then back
down south that night.

Old July 12th 07, 11:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Jul 12, 3:12 pm, "Jack Taylor" wrote:

I didn't ride the EPBs but I was at the gig!

Ditto.

--
Nick

Old July 13th 07, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:

(class 416) in the interim - I don't remember any booked four car formations
BICBW.

structures within them there would have been difficulty in using
2x2EPBs at many stations.

nickpick at extreme levels of nit-pickery

For the 1988 Docklands concert of Jean Michel Jarre the NLL ran 4 car
trains of both 2x2EPB and 4EPB.

Best fact ever!

tom

--
And the future is certain, give us time to work it out