London Banter

-   -   Jerry Springer and East Finchley Station (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5407-jerry-springer-east-finchley-station.html)

John Rowland July 5th 07 12:58 AM

Jerry Springer and East Finchley Station

According to various sources, Jerry Springer was born in East Finchley
station during WWII while his mother was using it as a bomb shelter. Is this
true? Were above-ground stations used as bomb shelters?

Richard J. July 5th 07 01:21 AM

John Rowland wrote:
According to various sources, Jerry Springer was born in East Finchley
station during WWII while his mother was using it as a bomb shelter.
Is this true? Were above-ground stations used as bomb shelters?

I wasn't aware that they were officially. Perhaps she was waiting for a
train when an air raid began, and had nowhere else to shelter.
--
Richard J.