London Banter

-   -   YouTube shows Tube driver journey (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5453-youtube-shows-tube-driver-journey.html)

zen83237 July 13th 07 05:46 PM

YouTube shows Tube driver journey

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
Boltar wrote:

But they'll discipline them anyway. How nice. Are they worried the
videos might reveal the lousy state of the network or something?

Playing devils advocate, one could argue that maybe an eagle-eyed viewer,
of a technical background, might spot a defect or something of concern
that those routinely driving up and down every day might miss!

You are taking the **** aren't you. Anything on YouTube is barely watchable
let alone able to pick out faults or defects.

Kevin

Brian Watson July 14th 07 05:53 AM

YouTube shows Tube driver journey

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

How do they know that these videos were taken by drivers? All the ones I
have seen appear to be taken from the passenger side of the cab.

....and obviously no driver is going to have the smarts to prop the camera up
on the passenger side of the cab.

:-)

--
Brian

Brian Watson July 14th 07 05:54 AM

YouTube shows Tube driver journey

"David Cantrell" wrote in message
k...
On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 10:51:22PM +0100, Peter Smyth wrote:

How do they know that these videos were taken by drivers? All the ones I
have seen appear to be taken from the passenger side of the cab.

And if they were taken by drivers, perhaps they were shot with the
camera on a mini-tripod. It's what I did to record me driving my car
around in Yorkshire recently. The only thing I crashed into was a
rabbit.

So, is the old Skoda a write-off, David?

:-)

--
Brian

[email protected] July 14th 07 07:46 PM

YouTube shows Tube driver journey

What's to say some of these clips weren't sourced from the same
commercial dvd's sold in the LT Musuem, and even if not, if the camera
wasn't being hand-held by the driver, where's the danger?