London Banter

-   -   Channel Tunnel Rail Link alignment to St. Pancras (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/548-channel-tunnel-rail-link-alignment.html)

[email protected] August 13th 03 04:48 PM

Channel Tunnel Rail Link alignment to St. Pancras

How close is the CTRL tunnel's alignment to the North London Line
between Stratford and St. Pancras? It looks identical, anyone know?

John August 13th 03 05:49 PM

Channel Tunnel Rail Link alignment to St. Pancras

In article ,
writes
How close is the CTRL tunnel's alignment to the North London Line
between Stratford and St. Pancras? It looks identical, anyone know?

Right underneath it for most of the way!
--
John Alexander,

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail

Alan \(in Brussels\) August 14th 03 06:53 AM

Channel Tunnel Rail Link alignment to St. Pancras

In the message: ...
wrote:

How close is the CTRL tunnel's alignment to the North London Line
between Stratford and St. Pancras? It looks identical, anyone know?

I presume you mean 'it looks identical on the maps at
www.ctrl.co.uk '.
And this is confirmed by the location of several works sites along it, eg at
Canonbury Junc. and beside the Graham Rd. curve. But there is also one a
couple of hundred metres northwest of Hackney Wick station, and so I think
that the CTRL tunnel alignment runs almost directly between a point beneath
Homerton station and the 'box' for Stratford International station. Details
of the position of the latter can be found eg on the sketch maps at the
www.tfl.co.uk site on the proposed DLR extension to it.

Regards,

- Alan (in Brussels)

Alan \(in Brussels\) August 14th 03 07:08 AM

Channel Tunnel Rail Link alignment to St. Pancras

SNIP

Sorry, the URL for TfL in my previous message should, of course, be:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/

- Alan (in Brussels)