Old July 20th 07, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Deluge!

A colossal deluge with its epicentre - as Edward Cowling would say -
on Wimbledon has forced the closure of Morden to Tooting Broadway inc.

I don't think I've ever seen rain like it, and it lasted over an hour.
It was like some kind of installation.

Old July 20th 07, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Offramp wrote:

A colossal deluge with its epicentre - as Edward Cowling would say - on
Wimbledon has forced the closure of Morden to Tooting Broadway inc.

I don't think I've ever seen rain like it, and it lasted over an hour.
It was like some kind of installation.

We had it up north, too. I set off for work on my bike under a cloudy but
dry sky, and arrived entirely soaked. There was a river running down the
Euston Road - you honestly couldn't see the bus lane markings. At first, i
was annoyed, but then i just started giggling. As you say, i'd never seen
anything like it. Most of my clothes are now hanging up in the boiler room
down in the basement!

tom

--
We got our own sense of propaganda. We call it truth. -- Rex Steele,
Nazi Smasher
Old July 21st 07, 11:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .com,
Offramp writes
A colossal deluge with its epicentre - as Edward Cowling would say -
on Wimbledon has forced the closure of Morden to Tooting Broadway inc.

I don't think I've ever seen rain like it, and it lasted over an hour.
It was like some kind of installation.

We had the same in Southgate. "End of the world weather", one of our
girls called it.

Mind you I'd prefer the summer we've just had to the heat of July & Aug
2006. We had someone faint in the office, and the Tube tracks kept
bending or something.

--
Edward Cowling "Must Go - Harry Potter Just Died !!"

Old July 21st 07, 11:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Jul 21, 12:08 pm, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:
In message .com,
Offramp writes

A colossal deluge with its epicentre - as Edward Cowling would say -
on Wimbledon has forced the closure of Morden to Tooting Broadway inc.

I don't think I've ever seen rain like it, and it lasted over an hour.
It was like some kind of installation.

We had the same in Southgate. "End of the world weather", one of our
girls called it.

Mind you I'd prefer the summer we've just had to the heat of July & Aug
2006. We had someone faint in the office, and the Tube tracks kept
bending or something.

I think you mean June and first half of July. Once the school
holidays started, it rained solidly through the rest of July and
August.

I hope we are about to get the reverse situation this year (not the
excessive heat, but at least the rain stopping for a while).

Old July 21st 07, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

Mind you I'd prefer the summer we've just had to the heat of July &
Aug 2006. We had someone faint in the office, and the Tube tracks kept
bending or something.

Heat or cool doesn't bother me. It's the humidity that kills me and, in the
UK, we tend to get high humidity with the high temperatures, unless we're in
the grip of a due easterly wind. The hot, dry days are great but add in a
slight degree of humidity and I look like someone has chucked a bucket of
water over me, feel thoroughly miserable and can't work effectively (or, on
some days, even adequately).

Old July 21st 07, 03:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Jack Taylor
writes
Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

Mind you I'd prefer the summer we've just had to the heat of July &
Aug 2006. We had someone faint in the office, and the Tube tracks kept
bending or something.

Heat or cool doesn't bother me. It's the humidity that kills me and, in the
UK, we tend to get high humidity with the high temperatures, unless we're in
the grip of a due easterly wind. The hot, dry days are great but add in a
slight degree of humidity and I look like someone has chucked a bucket of
water over me, feel thoroughly miserable and can't work effectively (or, on
some days, even adequately).

And of course in the UK we tend to have office air conditioning that
gives you the alternative of being comfortable, or being able to hear
people in the office, but not both :-) Ours was so bad last year I
could barely hear the voices in my head :-)

--
Edward Cowling "Must Go - Harry Potter Just Died !!"

Old July 21st 07, 04:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Offramp" wrote in message
oups.com...
A colossal deluge with its epicentre - as Edward Cowling would say -
on Wimbledon has forced the closure of Morden to Tooting Broadway inc.

I don't think I've ever seen rain like it, and it lasted over an hour.
It was like some kind of installation.

?? 'installation' ??

Paul

Old July 21st 07, 05:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Paul Scott
writes

"Offramp" wrote in message
roups.com...
A colossal deluge with its epicentre - as Edward Cowling would say -
on Wimbledon has forced the closure of Morden to Tooting Broadway inc.

I don't think I've ever seen rain like it, and it lasted over an hour.
It was like some kind of installation.

?? 'installation' ??

Damien Hirst.... "Britain Avec Hail."

Competitively priced at only £80 million :-)

--
Edward Cowling "Must Go - Harry Potter Just Died !!"

Old July 21st 07, 05:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

snip

I'm not a fan of children's novels, but giving away the ending of any story
in your signature is a very poor form of humour.