London Banter

-   -   Closure of Abingdon St and New Palace yard from 30 July (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5511-closure-abingdon-st-new-palace.html)

Colin Rosenstiel July 27th 07 04:50 PM

Closure of Abingdon St and New Palace yard from 30 July

The signs are up and warn of delays but Westminster Council seem
particularly clueless as to who and how anyone will be able to pass the
works site or go on a long detour via Victoria St.

Three times today Westminster's Call Centre have promised to call me back
and three times they have failed to do so. Most instructive in my case is
how not to run a call centre, given that my own Council is planning a
move in that direction. It was impossible to talk to anyone with any
actual knowledge of the project. Most of them hadn't even heard of
Abingdon St.

Will pedestrians be able to pass? What about bicycles?

--
Colin Rosenstiel