London Banter

-   -   Oyster Card And Travel Card Question (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5577-oyster-card-travel-card-question.html)

Paul Maskell August 22nd 07 10:22 AM

Oyster Card And Travel Card Question

I've recently bought myself an Oyster Card.
I only go to London occasionally to have a day out and I used to buy a
One Day Travel Card.

Now that I have an Oyster Card, I was wondering how the "Price Capping"
works
on the card?

Does it charge me for EVERY journey I make on London Transport or does it
charge me
up to the current price of a One Day Travel Card and then no more?

Thanks.

Michael Hoffman August 22nd 07 11:10 AM

Paul Maskell wrote:
I've recently bought myself an Oyster Card.
I only go to London occasionally to have a day out and I used to buy a
One Day Travel Card.

Now called an "Off-Peak Day Travelcard."

Now that I have an Oyster Card, I was wondering how the "Price Capping"
works
on the card?

Does it charge me for EVERY journey I make on London Transport or does
it charge me
up to the current price of a One Day Travel Card and then no more?

The daily price cap is 50p less than the cost of the cheapest Travelcard
that would allow the same journeys. You must always touch in and out for
this to work. Remember that National Rail journeys are not included on
Oyster with few exceptions.

Also, if you are taking the train in you I'd imagine you would be better
off getting an out-boundary ODTC rather than separate day train fare and
using Oyster once in London, if you are going to travel enough to reach
the price cap.
--
Michael Hoffman