London Banter

-   -   Ongoing work at Finchley Central (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5588-ongoing-work-finchley-central.html)

AndyColeman August 29th 07 12:34 PM

Ongoing work at Finchley Central

Hi,

I travel from Finchley Central to Moorgate each morning and I am
curious as to what they are doing along at the top of the bank near
the station entrance at Finchley Central. They seem to have been
working on it for months but as I pass through as quick as possible at
that time in the morning (or on the way home for that matter) not
realy had a chance to stop and ask what they are doing.

Also on the nothbound platform they have taken away the old steps
going up to the bridge that had been blocked off, but they seem to be
doing more than just taking them away.

Thanks
Andy

Mike Bristow August 30th 07 12:12 PM

Ongoing work at Finchley Central

In article om,
AndyColeman wrote:
I travel from Finchley Central to Moorgate each morning and I am
curious as to what they are doing along at the top of the bank near
the station entrance at Finchley Central. They seem to have been
working on it for months but as I pass through as quick as possible at
that time in the morning (or on the way home for that matter) not
realy had a chance to stop and ask what they are doing.

I'm in a similar boat (except I arrive at Finchley in the morning).

I guess it it to install a MIP lift for access to the southbound
platform...

Also on the nothbound platform they have taken away the old steps
going up to the bridge that had been blocked off, but they seem to be
doing more than just taking them away.

.... and this is to install a MIP lift to access the northbound platforms.

--
Shenanigans! Shenanigans! Best of 3!
-- Flash

Paul Corfield August 30th 07 05:15 PM

Ongoing work at Finchley Central

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 05:34:34 -0700, AndyColeman
wrote:

Hi,

I travel from Finchley Central to Moorgate each morning and I am
curious as to what they are doing along at the top of the bank near
the station entrance at Finchley Central. They seem to have been
working on it for months but as I pass through as quick as possible at
that time in the morning (or on the way home for that matter) not
realy had a chance to stop and ask what they are doing.

Also on the nothbound platform they have taken away the old steps
going up to the bridge that had been blocked off, but they seem to be
doing more than just taking them away.

It is to provide mobility impaired lifts. These are contracted works as
part of the PPP. The same type of work is being done at Golders Green
and Hendon Central on the Northern Line.
--
Paul C

Robin Mayes August 31st 07 08:02 AM

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

It is to provide mobility impaired lifts. These are contracted works as
part of the PPP. The same type of work is being done at Golders Green
and Hendon Central on the Northern Line.

You mean, step free access (SFA) lifts, don't you? ;-)

Tom Anderson August 31st 07 05:44 PM

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Robin Mayes wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

It is to provide mobility impaired lifts. These are contracted works as
part of the PPP. The same type of work is being done at Golders Green
and Hendon Central on the Northern Line.

You mean, step free access (SFA) lifts, don't you? ;-)

Can i use them if i've got a big suitcase?

tom

--
10 PARTY : GOTO 10

Paul Corfield August 31st 07 06:05 PM

Ongoing work at Finchley Central

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:02:30 GMT, "Robin Mayes"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .

It is to provide mobility impaired lifts. These are contracted works as
part of the PPP. The same type of work is being done at Golders Green
and Hendon Central on the Northern Line.

You mean, step free access (SFA) lifts, don't you? ;-)

Whatever!
--
Paul C

Steve Dulieu August 31st 07 07:32 PM

Ongoing work at Finchley Central

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

It is to provide mobility impaired lifts. These are contracted works as
part of the PPP. The same type of work is being done at Golders Green
and Hendon Central on the Northern Line.

You mean, step free access (SFA) lifts, don't you? ;-)

Well, going through KX the other day there's a "MIP 3" (according to the
sign above it) lift up to street level from the circulating area at the top
of the escalators. So unless the ITB have changed the current "flavour of
the month" designation since KX was remodeled, Mobility Impaired works for
me...
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.

[email protected] September 2nd 07 10:57 AM

Ongoing work at Finchley Central

On 31 Aug, 20:32, "Steve Dulieu"
wrote:

You mean, step free access (SFA) lifts, don't you? ;-)

Well, going through KX the other day there's a "MIP 3" (according to the
sign above it) lift up to street level from the circulating area at the top
of the escalators. So unless the ITB have changed the current "flavour of
the month" designation since KX was remodeled, Mobility Impaired works for
me...

There's an ongoing 'discussion' regarding these signs...

Colin Rosenstiel September 2nd 07 10:16 PM

Ongoing work at Finchley Central

In article ,
(Steve Dulieu) wrote:

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

It is to provide mobility impaired lifts. These are contracted
works as part of the PPP. The same type of work is being done at
Golders Green and Hendon Central on the Northern Line.

You mean, step free access (SFA) lifts, don't you? ;-)

Well, going through KX the other day there's a "MIP 3" (according
to the sign above it) lift up to street level from the circulating
area at the top of the escalators. So unless the ITB have changed
the current "flavour of the month" designation since KX was
remodeled, Mobility Impaired works for me...

That lift used by my daughter with my granddaughter in a buggy recently.

--
Colin Rosenstiel