London Banter

-   -   Monster Moves: Underground carriages (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5598-monster-moves-underground-carriages.html)

John Rowland August 31st 07 02:16 PM

Monster Moves: Underground carriages

Sat 10am - 11am, Channel 5. Probably a repeat of the W&C programme.

John Rowland September 2nd 07 12:08 PM

John Rowland wrote:

Sat 10am - 11am, Channel 5. Probably a repeat of the W&C programme.

First time I've seen this.

Putting the carriages in the right order seems like a no-brainer to me -
someone in LU who understands the numbering just had to number the carriages
from one to twenty and put a big printed number inside the window at the
Bank end of every carriage. Trying to get the contractors to understand the
five-digit numbers was idiotic.

dB September 2nd 07 12:30 PM

Monster Moves: Underground carriages

Putting the carriages in the right order seems like a no-brainer to me -
someone in LU who understands the numbering just had to number the
carriages from one to twenty and put a big printed number inside the
window at the Bank end of every carriage. Trying to get the contractors to
understand the five-digit numbers was idiotic.

Yes, I thought that as well. They did seem to be making it harder than it
need be.