Old August 17th 03, 11:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Surprised

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 21:45:11 +0100, CJG
wrote:

In message , Richard J.
writes
So how would you do that if you were between stations on a tube train
when the power went off?

As quite frankly I would rather wait for a
station assistant with a flashlight than to be hit by a train when the
power comes on.

I'm sure a lot of people on this group feel very differently

Old August 18th 03, 01:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , CJG NEWSGROUP@ne
wsgroup.no.spam.thanks writes
What amazed me was the swarms of people walking.
The last time I was in New York there was a problem on the subway. And people
just left the station and walked down the road. Literally down the road. Not
even on the pavement. Just a swarm of people walking down the middle of the
room.

I've seen things approaching that outside Kings Cross when the tube
station has been closed (usually a "security alert") in the morning rush
hour.
--
"It used to be that what a writer did was type a bit and then stare out of the
window a bit, type a bit, stare out of the window a bit. Networked computers
Old August 18th 03, 01:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Probably Me wrote in
:

wrote:

In message , Richard J.
writes
So how would you do that if you were between stations on a tube train
when the power went off?

As quite frankly I would rather wait for a
station assistant with a flashlight than to be hit by a train when the
power comes on.

I'm sure a lot of people on this group feel very differently

Which only demonstrates the attitude of LUL staff regarding their passengers.

Old August 18th 03, 05:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

It was Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:55:42 +0100, and CJG
wrote in uk.transport.london:
| And people just left the station and walked down the road.
| Literally down the road. Not even on the pavement.

Ahh, but they were on the pavement ... in NYC that is the road!
(They also drive on parkways and park on driveways. Odd buggers.)

JL
Sidewalks are for normal days

Old August 18th 03, 08:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18 Aug 2003 01:12:56 GMT, Steve wrote:

Probably Me wrote in
:

wrote:

In message , Richard J.
writes
So how would you do that if you were between stations on a tube train
when the power went off?

As quite frankly I would rather wait for a
station assistant with a flashlight than to be hit by a train when the
power comes on.

I'm sure a lot of people on this group feel very differently

Which only demonstrates the attitude of LUL staff regarding their passengers.

And exactly what makes you think I am LUL staff? Has it ever crossed
your mind that I am just someone who is ****ed of with the troll CJG?

Old August 18th 03, 09:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message
That there arn't any posts about the power cuts in America and the chaos

it
caused on the New York subway. Perhaps CJD might have realised that us
knuckle-scraping morons might actually be needed to come and rescue him

one
day?

It was surprising that the NY subway doesn't have emergency lighting like LU
does.

Old August 18th 03, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Richard J.
writes
So you would in fact rely on LU staff, so why suggest otherwise?

No. I would wait to be told by a reliable source that the power was off
for good before I left the train. And yes that would most likely be a
LU employee. But then there is a small chance it could be policeman or
fireman. But yes I would agree it would most likely be a L.U. Employee
as Im on the Underground. So that would be kinda be expected?
--
CJG
Old August 18th 03, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In article , CJG NEWSGROUP@ne
wsgroup.no.spam.thanks writes
What amazed me was the swarms of people walking.
The last time I was in New York there was a problem on the subway. And

people
just left the station and walked down the road. Literally down the road.

Not
even on the pavement. Just a swarm of people walking down the middle of

the
room.

I've seen things approaching that outside Kings Cross when the tube
station has been closed (usually a "security alert") in the morning rush
hour.
--

It happened all over central London during the tube stikes a couple of years
ago.

Andrew

Old August 18th 03, 07:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CJG wrote:
In message , Richard
J. writes
So you would in fact rely on LU staff, so why suggest otherwise?

No. I would wait to be told by a reliable source that the power was
off for good before I left the train. And yes that would most likely
be a LU employee. But then there is a small chance it could be
policeman or fireman. But yes I would agree it would most likely be a
L.U. Employee as Im on the Underground. So that would be kinda be
expected?

Indeed so. But you claimed that "I can assure you if I was on the
underground and the lights and power went out I would be up in the fresh air
way before the station
assistant has found his dusty safety instructions book."

Perhaps you would like to withdraw that rash claim?
--
Richard J.

Old August 18th 03, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Matthew Malthouse wrote:
} Either you're missremembering something, or Clive doesn't know about
} a 5 day closure east of Liverpool Street.
}
} Personally, my money's on you missremembering (although proof to
} the contrary would be most interesting!)

If he's misremembering then so am I.

Indeed, it rather looks like CULG is wrong. I'm sure Clive'll
correct it soon enough.

--
Good night little fishey-wishes.... I've counted you, so no
sneaky eating each other.