Old September 24th 07, 02:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Hollow service

Walking back down Holloway Road from Arsenal match I noticed there are
only three bus routes between Highbury Corner and I presume the Nag's
Head - 43, 271 and 393. Strikes me this is too few and not especially
frequent routes for such a main artery provisioned with bus lanes.

E.

Old September 24th 07, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:57:57 +0100, eastender
wrote:

Walking back down Holloway Road from Arsenal match I noticed there are
only three bus routes between Highbury Corner and I presume the Nag's
Head - 43, 271 and 393. Strikes me this is too few and not especially
frequent routes for such a main artery provisioned with bus lanes.

M-F peaks there are 25 buses an hour between those 3 routes. 43 is every
5 mins, 271 every 7.5 and 393 every 12. There is also the 153 for part
distance before it disappears into the depths of Canonbury.

The link I most miss is a bus that turns the corner at Nags Head and
actually serves Highbury and Upper Street. The very old 279 used to do
this when it ran to Smithfield but that was axed and the 153 emerged as
the compromise service - fine for Finsbury Park - Angel via Holloway but
otherwise useless if travelling for further afield. I know the 4 and 19
go Finsbury Park - Angel but no good if you're on Holloway Road or want
to go that way.

However 3 routes can be seen as a luxury - there are only 2 from
Holloway to Camden (253 and 29) or beyond and that is a very busy
stretch of road. The 29 is now marginally less frequent than when it
first went bendy so that's a corridor that's got less capacity than
before.

It's interesting that to note Caledonian Road has three busy trunk
services (17, 91, 259) on it plus forays from other services (274).
--
Paul C

Old September 24th 07, 11:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

The very old 279

That'll be son-of 679 trolleybus and son-of 79 tram then?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old September 25th 07, 12:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Walking back down Holloway Road from Arsenal match I noticed

The link I most miss is a bus that turns the corner at Nags Head and
actually serves Highbury and Upper Street.

You mean Finsbury Park - Nag's Head - Highbury Corner - Angel? There's a
bus that does that.

NO WAIT! No there isn't! Bloody hell! WTF?! I DEMAND A BUS THAT DOES THAT!

Er, yes. I live in Finsbury Park and i also feel a lack of obvious and
useful bus links round here.

tom

--
A, B.B.C., Cham, Creel, Dvandra, Follow, Hat, Interval, Look, Moul, Ow,
Poise, Quemadero, Rob, Ser, Soot, Su, Thru, Unemancipated, Wave
Old September 25th 07, 09:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

The link I most miss is a bus that turns the corner at Nags Head and
actually serves Highbury and Upper Street.

How about one that runs from Hackney/Dalston via Balls Pond rd/St Pauls Rd
and then up Holloway rd - that would have got us to the footie.

E.

Old September 25th 07, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

The link I most miss is a bus that turns the corner at Nags Head and
actually serves Highbury and Upper Street.

How about one that runs from Hackney/Dalston via Balls Pond rd/St Pauls Rd
and then up Holloway rd - that would have got us to the footie.

Err you mean either the 277 and that terminates at Highbury & Islington
Station or the 30 and that goes to the Angel. At no point does it touch
Holloway Road itself.
--
Paul C

Old September 25th 07, 12:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

Err you mean either the 277 and that terminates at Highbury & Islington
Station or the 30 and that goes to the Angel. At no point does it touch
Holloway Road itself.

That's what I meant - it would be useful if the 277 went as far as Nag's Head
or Archway. I do think there's a poor service in the Holloway Rd considering
its status.

E.