Old October 22nd 07, 07:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Victoria line suspension

The Victoria line has been suspended between Victoria & Brixton since
this afternoon, due to a signal failure at Brixton. What are the
chances that it'll still be closed tomorrow morning? I have to get to
Stansted Airport by 7.15 and was hoping to get the first train (0526)
from Brixton to Tottenham Hale, and then the 0607 to Stansted, but if
there's a good chance it'll still be disrupted then I'll have to leave
earlier and get a bus to Liverpool St. Is the TfL real-time map
likely to give any information at, say 5am?

Old October 22nd 07, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 12:55:14 -0700, brixtonite
wrote:

The Victoria line has been suspended between Victoria & Brixton since
this afternoon, due to a signal failure at Brixton. What are the
chances that it'll still be closed tomorrow morning?

Sounds more like a track / points problem for it to be out for that
long. It's rare that a signal failure would cause a suspension for this
amount of time unless it was a wrong side failure that has yet to have
its root cause identified. Doesn't sound good but the early line
closure plus engineering hours might mean it's fixed by the morning.

I have to get to
Stansted Airport by 7.15 and was hoping to get the first train (0526)
from Brixton to Tottenham Hale, and then the 0607 to Stansted, but if
there's a good chance it'll still be disrupted then I'll have to leave
earlier and get a bus to Liverpool St. Is the TfL real-time map
likely to give any information at, say 5am?

In my experience the "real time" info is rarely up to date early in the
morning when the lines are just getting going - it can take over an hour
for a late finish to engineering work suspension to be advised to people
on the radio / telly and they use the same on line source. I'd be more
tempted to ring Travel Info and speak to a human being.

I'd probably be aiming for the bus but be prepared for it to be busy if
it's the 133 you're heading for. Here's the detailed timetable - doesn't
seem to be much in it between tube and bus.

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/133N133.htm
--
Paul C

Old October 22nd 07, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 22, 8:55 pm, brixtonite wrote:
The Victoria line has been suspended between Victoria & Brixton since
this afternoon, due to a signal failure at Brixton. What are the
chances that it'll still be closed tomorrow morning? I have to get to
Stansted Airport by 7.15 and was hoping to get the first train (0526)
from Brixton to Tottenham Hale, and then the 0607 to Stansted, but if
there's a good chance it'll still be disrupted then I'll have to leave
earlier and get a bus to Liverpool St. Is the TfL real-time map
likely to give any information at, say 5am?

It "should" be okay in the morning. The problem has been caused by
water leaking into the air main. This is used to operate points and
trainstops. The intial reason why nothing moved earlier was because
the points couldnt be moved over to get stalled trains out of the way.
The stalled trains have now gone and the failure is now trying to be
sorted out.

Old October 23rd 07, 03:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 22, 10:09 pm, chunky munky
wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your help!