London Banter

-   -   TfL submits bid for Metronet (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5785-tfl-submits-bid-metronet.html)

John B October 25th 07 10:28 AM

TfL submits bid for Metronet

Interesting - I'd've expected them to wait until the PPP Arbiter had
sorted out liability for the overrun...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Paul Corfield October 25th 07 07:42 PM

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 03:28:25 -0700, John B wrote:

Interesting - I'd've expected them to wait until the PPP Arbiter had
sorted out liability for the overrun...

Why wait? Metronet are bust so even if the arbiter ruled in their
favour to some extent then they're not going to spring into life.

If there is no market interest then there is no point waiting either as
TfL aren't going to be swayed by anything the arbiter says as they're
funding the companies anyway and the private sector gain nothing either.

This is going to be very interesting indeed.
--
Paul C

alex_t October 26th 07 12:30 AM

TfL submits bid for Metronet

This is going to be very interesting indeed.

I think the most interesting thing will be the count of cancelled
development/upgrade projects in the near future - with both (possible)
MetroNet take over and (approved) CrossRail TfL will have to find at
least £5bn out of "nowhere"... :-(

chunky munky October 26th 07 07:53 AM

On Oct 26, 1:30 am, alex_t wrote:
This is going to be very interesting indeed.

I think the most interesting thing will be the count of cancelled
development/upgrade projects in the near future - with both (possible)
MetroNet take over and (approved) CrossRail TfL will have to find at
least £5bn out of "nowhere"... :-(

Well they still get the ISC (Infrastructure Service Charge). They just
pay it to themselves! HM Govt was meant to give extra money to pay for
the PPP, so that the cost was not met by the London Taxpayer via their
council tax.
I don't know if it has happened this way, if you believe all thses
lying posters that TfL have put up everywhere they are paying for
everything via the £10bn loan from HM Govt. , whereas most of it is
being met by PPP.

Talk about Spin!

It will all be the same, nothing will change and it will be glogged
off into smaller chunks within 3 years, just in time to cream in the
money via improved Journey Time Metrics!