Old October 29th 07, 03:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New tube map

TFL seem to have pulled the new map from their website.

I wonder what the issue is

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/colourmap.gif

Old October 29th 07, 03:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
says...
In article ,
(Matthew Dickinson) wrote:

Tfl have released a new tube map with London Overground on..

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/colourmap.pdf

Heathrow Terminal 5m Langdon Park, Wood Lane and Shepherds Bush (LO)
appear as under construction.

Hatch End to Watford Junction are depicted as outside the zones (not
even in A-D). "Special Fares Apply"

GOBLIN becomes the only line on a tube map not to be electrified.

Can't see GOBLIN shown on it.
Old October 29th 07, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Hatch End to Watford Junction are depicted as outside the zones (not
even in A-D). "Special Fares Apply"

GOBLIN becomes the only line on a tube map not to be electrified.

Can't see GOBLIN shown on it.-

The map has been changed since the original poster put up the message!
Too many mistakes maybe?

Burkey

Old October 29th 07, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 29, 2:27 pm, alex_t wrote:
I heard from the very mouth of Ken last week that two unnamed stations
are to be moved.

What is the second one? Willesden Junction? Stratford?

For practical reasons, I'd say Willesden, as every neighbouring
station (other than those north) is in zone 2: Shepherd's Bush, Acton
Central, Kensal Green & Kensal Rise.

It'll be very annoying using PAYG through WJ until it's moved...

Old October 29th 07, 06:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 29, 6:20 pm, wrote:
On Oct 29, 2:27 pm, alex_t wrote:

I heard from the very mouth of Ken last week that two unnamed stations
are to be moved.

What is the second one? Willesden Junction? Stratford?

For practical reasons, I'd say Willesden, as every neighbouring
station (other than those north) is in zone 2: Shepherd's Bush, Acton
Central, Kensal Green & Kensal Rise.

It'll be very annoying using PAYG through WJ until it's moved...

Forgot to say I think it's more likely that Willesden would be moved
to zone 2/3 instead of going into zone 2

Old October 29th 07, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ps.com...
TFL seem to have pulled the new map from their website.

I wonder what the issue is

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/colourmap.gif

Most likely whoever changed the site was too early and was told to get it
removed - I wouldn't have expected it to change until the actual day...

Paul S

Old October 29th 07, 06:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mr Thant" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 29 Oct, 11:19, wrote:
I am suprised no one has noticed the fact that Hampstead Heath is
still in Zone 3. I was under the impression that this would have been
corrected at the launch of London Overground. looks like we have been
mistaken....

I heard from the very mouth of Ken last week that two unnamed stations
are to be moved.

The original link is now back to the old non-Overground map. Looks
like releasing it early was a mistake.

The only item Google threw up about HH moving to zone 2 was a Camden News
article, saying it would happen in Jan 08; which supports my suggestion that
the Overground fares are somehow related to National Rail zonal fares, as I
mentioned yesterday...

Paul S

Old October 29th 07, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I go through Watford junction station most work days. They have
installed Oyster readers (up to the silverlink county platforms),
however they do not work yet. Looks like Oyster will be used as far as
Watford junction. I expect that the oyster cards will be only valid on
LO services not London Midland (the new TOC that takes over from
Silverlink and Central). This will cause lots of ticket inspectors to
rub their hands in glee.

Most people come to Watford on a travel card (Met, junction and town)
and wonder why their travel card/oyster doesn't work. It is horrid to
see someone rubbing their card on the barrier and the barrier guard
swooping down for the £20+ fine.

Kris

On Oct 28, 10:21 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message

In article . com,
(neil nerva) wrote:

These maps are on the new ticket machines TfL are installing at London
Overground stations
Hampstead Heath appears still to be in Zone 3 !
I thought that TfL was going to bring this station back into Zone 2
when London Overground starts next month

Yes, I'd spotted that and was asking myself the same question!

I've an idea we've talked round this a bit in various poster's comments.
Perhaps it'll change in January with the next routine NR fares changes, and
so might the northern bit of the DC lines. It would make sense if 'LO' is
considered (as on NR's site) one of the TOCs and changes will affect NR
fares from stations outside the London fare zones (the ones TfL call the TfL
fare zones)...

Paul S

Old October 29th 07, 08:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
oups.com...
I go through Watford junction station most work days. They have
installed Oyster readers (up to the silverlink county platforms),
however they do not work yet. Looks like Oyster will be used as far as
Watford junction. I expect that the oyster cards will be only valid on
LO services not London Midland (the new TOC that takes over from
Silverlink and Central). This will cause lots of ticket inspectors to
rub their hands in glee.

There has been a huge amount of discussion on this already, (most recently
in the thread about TfL staff pass validity - started 12 Oct) and it was
generally believed that London Midland will continue accepting Oyster, at
least at the stations where it is already available on Silverlink County -
what happens at WJ is awaited with interest. Also the key date in all this
is the day NR fares change, in January, because Silverlink Metro fares use
rail pricing at the moment, not LU...

Paul