Old October 28th 07, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New tube map

Tfl have released a new tube map with London Overground on..

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/colourmap.pdf

Heathrow Terminal 5m Langdon Park, Wood Lane and Shepherds Bush (LO)
appear as under construction.

Hatch End to Watford Junction are depicted as outside the zones (not
even in A-D). "Special Fares Apply"

Old October 28th 07, 04:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 28 Oct, 17:07, Matthew Dickinson
wrote:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/colourmap.pdf

That's great to see. I'm surprised the limited service on some lines
isn't shown - I'd want fair warning of having to wait 25 minutes at
Blackhorse Road.

Heathrow Terminal 5m Langdon Park, Wood Lane and Shepherds Bush (LO)
appear as under construction.

So a surprise Shepherd's Bush opening on November 11th is definitely
off the cards.

Hatch End to Watford Junction are depicted as outside the zones (not
even in A-D). "Special Fares Apply"

Tube tickets and Travelcards surely aren't valid*, so that makes
sense. I'd be surprised if the Oyster fares are different to Zone A.

(* I've just noticed the entire Silverlink Metro network - minus north
of Hatch End and south of West Brompton - has been recently added to
the tube singles valid listing in the fares brochure)

Thanks for the link.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London

Old October 28th 07, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Matthew Dickinson" wrote in message
Tfl have released a new tube map with London Overground on..

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/colourmap.pdf

Heathrow Terminal 5m Langdon Park, Wood Lane and Shepherds Bush (LO)
appear as under construction.

LO as in London Overground - shouldn't it be 'LOL' cos of the useless
platforms g...

Hatch End to Watford Junction are depicted as outside the zones (not
even in A-D). "Special Fares Apply"

There's been a huge amount of debate about TfL fares on the 'Overground' but
presumably as it is also still part of the national rail network as well,
unchanged [1]) rail fares seem to be available to/from the transferred
stations.

I guess the 'rail only zonal fares' as announced in the NR fare changes Jan
07 are still valid?

[1] based on them still showing up in NR's online journey planner with no
apparent fare changes after 9 Nov...

Paul S

Old October 28th 07, 07:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 28 Oct, 17:57, "Paul Scott" wrote:
[...]

These maps are on the new ticket machines TfL are installing at London
Overground stations
Hampstead Heath appears still to be in Zone 3 !
I thought that TfL was going to bring this station back into Zone 2
when London Overground starts next month

Neil

Old October 28th 07, 08:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

wrote:

[...]

Although TfL has the franchise, LO has much more in common with other
NR services. I don't understand what's likely to be understood by
most punters, tourists etc when they see it on the LU map. It will
probably create a lot of confusion, if people expect frequent
services.

Alternatively, one might as well use the London Connections map and
include all of NR.

I suppose it's an artefact of the ridiculous situation with Oyster
PAYG acceptability.

Old October 28th 07, 08:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Matthew Dickinson) wrote:

Tfl have released a new tube map with London Overground on..

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/colourmap.pdf

Heathrow Terminal 5m Langdon Park, Wood Lane and Shepherds Bush (LO)
appear as under construction.

Hatch End to Watford Junction are depicted as outside the zones (not
even in A-D). "Special Fares Apply"

GOBLIN becomes the only line on a tube map not to be electrified.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old October 28th 07, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Matthew Dickinson wrote:
Tfl have released a new tube map with London Overground on..

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/colourmap.pdf

Willesden Junction looks a bit messy, the WLL needn't cross over the NLL
and then kind merge into it.

The label for 'Acton Central' is in the wrong place too
Old October 28th 07, 09:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Stuart" wrote in message
. uk...
Matthew Dickinson wrote:
Tfl have released a new tube map with London Overground on..

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/colourmap.pdf

Willesden Junction looks a bit messy, the WLL needn't cross over the NLL
and then kind merge into it.

The label for 'Acton Central' is in the wrong place too

I wonder if the station names have been placed in the correct zone as well
as the station symbol. That could account for why 'Acton Central' is
"wrong".