London Banter

-   -   Tube fares - time of entry and exit (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5811-tube-fares-time-entry-exit.html)

[email protected] November 1st 07 11:30 AM

Tube fares - time of entry and exit

How are the fares calculated when you entry is before 7am and exit
after 7am or entry before 7pm and exit after 7pm?

Is it that if any entry/exit time is in the 7am-7pm window then you
get charged the higher price or is it the entry (exit) time that is
considered?

For example, I'm (probably) going to do Watford (met) to Moorgate
tomorrow - journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk says 06:03 to 06:57 with a change
at Moor Park. If this doesn't get in until 07:01 then what will the
charge be?

Or how about the 06:23 arrives 07:19 which is a no-change train?

Anyone know what the cycle parking is like at Watford?

Tim.

Recliner November 1st 07 11:50 AM

Tube fares - time of entry and exit

wrote in message
ps.com
How are the fares calculated when you entry is before 7am and exit
after 7am or entry before 7pm and exit after 7pm?

Is it that if any entry/exit time is in the 7am-7pm window then you
get charged the higher price or is it the entry (exit) time that is
considered?

For example, I'm (probably) going to do Watford (met) to Moorgate
tomorrow - journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk says 06:03 to 06:57 with a change
at Moor Park. If this doesn't get in until 07:01 then what will the
charge be?

The Oyster charge depends on when you enter the station. As long as you
exit within two hours, the exit time doesn't make any difference.

Paul Scott November 1st 07 11:51 AM

Tube fares - time of entry and exit

wrote in message
ps.com...
How are the fares calculated when you entry is before 7am and exit
after 7am or entry before 7pm and exit after 7pm?

Is it that if any entry/exit time is in the 7am-7pm window then you
get charged the higher price or is it the entry (exit) time that is
considered?

The peak/offpeak charge is based on the start/entry time only - there have
been a couple of threads recently where it was confirmed.

Paul

Keith Raeburn November 1st 07 03:21 PM

Tube fares - time of entry and exit

?

Anyone know what the cycle parking is like at Watford?

Tim.

There's a small-ish cycle rack directly outside the entrance, or you
could chain your bike to the fence which separates the forecourt from
the access road to the (now tiny) car park. Don't know where you're
coming from around that area, but Croxley also has a small bike rack
situated behind the barrier line, which may be a little more secure as
it's next to the ticket office/has CCTV.

Keith Raeburn November 1st 07 03:23 PM

On 1 Nov, 16:21, Keith Raeburn wrote:
?

Anyone know what the cycle parking is like at Watford?

Tim.

There's a small-ish cycle rack directly outside the entrance, or you
could chain your bike to the fence which separates the forecourt from
the access road to the (now tiny) car park. Don't know where you're
coming from around that area, but Croxley also has a small bike rack
situated behind the barrier line, which may be a little more secure as
it's next to the ticket office/has CCTV.

To clarify, I meant *within* the barrier line, on the overbridge
leading to the platforms.

Tim Woodall November 1st 07 09:49 PM

Tube fares - time of entry and exit

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:21:42 -0700,
Keith Raeburn wrote:
?

Anyone know what the cycle parking is like at Watford?

Tim.

There's a small-ish cycle rack directly outside the entrance, or you
could chain your bike to the fence which separates the forecourt from
the access road to the (now tiny) car park. Don't know where you're
coming from around that area, but Croxley also has a small bike rack
situated behind the barrier line, which may be a little more secure as
it's next to the ticket office/has CCTV.

I'm taking the fixer tomorrow. a. it's really not worth that much, b.
I'd be surprised if it "caught the eye" of a thief, and c. I wouldn't be
that surprised if a thief couldn't actually ride it. (I've heard stories
of people who've left a fixer unlocked outside a shop when they pop in
and come out just in time to see a thief about 10 yards down the road
fall off as soon as they try to coast :-). Not that I intend to leave it
unlocked)

I did debate taking the Brompton and getting off at Baker Street but
I've no idea quite how crowded the trains get and so, if I need to
change, I might find I can't actually get onto a train with the
Brompton where I could without.

Tim.

and there was light.

Mizter T November 1st 07 11:46 PM

Keith Raeburn wrote: ?

[...]

Ooh, I must admit I'm quite attached to boring old orthodox freewheels
- I like going down hills fast too much to keep up with the pedals on
a fixed wheel bike!

[email protected] November 2nd 07 12:42 PM

Tube fares - time of entry and exit

On 1 Nov, 12:50, "Recliner" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com

How are the fares calculated when you entry is before 7am and exit
after 7am or entry before 7pm and exit after 7pm?

Is it that if any entry/exit time is in the 7am-7pm window then you
get charged the higher price or is it the entry (exit) time that is
considered?

For example, I'm (probably) going to do Watford (met) to Moorgate
tomorrow - journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk says 06:03 to 06:57 with a change
at Moor Park. If this doesn't get in until 07:01 then what will the
charge be?

The Oyster charge depends on when you enter the station. As long as you
exit within two hours, the exit time doesn't make any difference.

Thanks. Although I actually managed to exit before 7am anyway.

On the history it just says "06:56" Watford - Moorgate which is my
exit time.

I'm now trying to find out why my auto-topup hasn't worked (I thought
it should trigger when you go below 5GBP.

Tim.

[email protected] November 2nd 07 01:10 PM

Tube fares - time of entry and exit

On 2 Nov, 13:42, wrote:
On 1 Nov, 12:50, "Recliner" wrote:

wrote in message

ups.com

[...]

Grrr. I've no idea what my username or password were so:
1. request username.
2. Get email and request password
3. Login with username and password:
Due to a site upgrade we need to email you a new password (huh?)
4. Get Another new password.

But anyway - it appears that autotopup will only be triggered when I
next touch in.

That means I need to keep a careful eye on the card - if it triggered
when I touched out then if the card was out of date I could get an
email to tell me to update the details, This way I'll only find out
when it doesn't let me in.

(To give some idea of my usage, I set up autotopup on 16th March with
10GBP and this is the first time the balance has been low enough to
trigger)

Tim.

4.

Graham J[_2_] November 3rd 07 10:53 PM

Tube fares - time of entry and exit

I'm now trying to find out why my auto-topup hasn't worked (I thought
it should trigger when you go below 5GBP.

Sort of. As you have probably now discovered it actually triggers if your
balance is already below 5GBP when you touch-in.