Old November 7th 07, 09:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Routing in SE London

Ah, the eternal routing guide questions.

I'm trying to work out if there is a point-to-point season ticket that
would be valid at both Crofton Park and Brockley for journeys to London.

I know the obvious answer is a Travelcard, but I'm specifically
interested in point-to-points - even if from further out.

At the moment I'm thinking Shortlands - London as you could potentially
use it via Brockley changing between Penge stations. Not sure about
validity via Beckenham Junction and Crystal Palace though.

Any advice is appreciated!

Dave

Old November 8th 07, 06:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

[originally posted to uk.transport.london - crossposted to uk.railway]

On 7 Nov, 22:06, Dave A wrote:
Ah, the eternal routing guide questions.

I'm trying to work out if there is a point-to-point season ticket that
would be valid at both Crofton Park and Brockley for journeys to London.

I know the obvious answer is a Travelcard, but I'm specifically
interested in point-to-points - even if from further out.

At the moment I'm thinking Shortlands - London as you could potentially
use it via Brockley changing between Penge stations. Not sure about
validity via Beckenham Junction and Crystal Palace though.

Any advice is appreciated!

Dave

I'm going to take the audacious liberty of x-posting this to
uk.railway, not least because I'd be interested in the answer as
well.

For those who are unfathomably unfamiliar with this corner of London,
Brockley and Crofton Park stations in fairly close proximity to each
other - Brockley is on the line to London Bridge, whilst Crofton Park
is on the line to Blackfriars with a same platform interchange at
Nunhead for Victoria.

Old November 14th 07, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 7 Nov, 22:06, Dave A wrote:
[...]

Well in the absence of a response I think I've worked it out. A ticket
from Penge Stations appears to be valid via Brockley to London Bridge
and via Shortlands and Crofton Park to Victoria / Blackfriars. I'm not
totally sure about that... but it does pass the "fares rule" (i.e. a
ticket from Shortlands to London is the same price as one from Penge).

There's also a ticket with dual availability at Crystal Palace and Penge
Stations, which would then also allow travel on the Victoria - Crystal
Palace - London Bridge trains.

However, it would all be a lot simpler if there were dual availability
for Brockley and Crofton Park - it's a real pain, especially when there
are stations further apart from each other with dual availability (like
Greenwich/New Cross/New Cross Gate).

Dave