Old November 13th 07, 07:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Rant about DLR

November 2007 - and new DLR station in Stratford still operates only
with one platform. Second platform and footbridge are virtually
complete, with no construction work for the past month (and for the
platform no works for almost two months now) - so why they are not
open? In fact I don't really care about the second platform (it's not
like it will seriously improve current waiting times), but why the
footbridge is closed? It is not a rocket science, just a dumb metal
and concrete box over the Central line - how many months would it take
them to open the damn thing?

:-|

Old November 13th 07, 08:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:47:45 -0800, alex_t
wrote:

November 2007 - and new DLR station in Stratford still operates only
with one platform. Second platform and footbridge are virtually
complete, with no construction work for the past month (and for the
platform no works for almost two months now) - so why they are not
open? In fact I don't really care about the second platform (it's not
like it will seriously improve current waiting times), but why the
footbridge is closed? It is not a rocket science, just a dumb metal
and concrete box over the Central line - how many months would it take
them to open the damn thing?

As we are having a "write to people" day on utl perhaps you could simply
drop a quick question to DLR / TfL via the TfL website enquiring as to
when the platform and link bridge will come into service?
--
Paul C

Old November 13th 07, 08:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"alex_t" wrote in message
ups.com...
November 2007 - and new DLR station in Stratford still operates only
with one platform. Second platform and footbridge are virtually
complete, with no construction work for the past month (and for the
platform no works for almost two months now) - so why they are not
open? In fact I don't really care about the second platform (it's not
like it will seriously improve current waiting times), but why the
footbridge is closed? It is not a rocket science, just a dumb metal
and concrete box over the Central line - how many months would it take
them to open the damn thing?

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I was wondering, isn't there supposed to be
a lift on platform 4 as well? Perhaps the DDA police won't allow the steps
to open on their own?

http://developments.dlr.co.uk/pdf/en...ayout_plan.pdf

Needs magnifying a bit to see the detail...

Paul S

Old November 13th 07, 11:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I was wondering, isn't there supposed to be
a lift on platform 4 as well? Perhaps the DDA police won't allow the steps
to open on their own?

Not really - I see no lift in the project, and there are already lifts
on the same level (one to Jubilee and Overground platforms) and
another to exit and Central / Rail subway - so the new station is
still accessible.

Old November 13th 07, 11:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

As we are having a "write to people" day on utl perhaps you could simply
drop a quick question to DLR / TfL via the TfL website enquiring as to
when the platform and link bridge will come into service?

Well, I was only venting my emotions - as I'm a person who
(unexpectedly) have to spent 4 more months in Stratford (changing from
DLR to Central every single morning) it would certainly make my life
easier, but I don't really want to distract people from their work
because of that :-)

Old November 14th 07, 07:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:09:26 -0800, alex_t
wrote:

As we are having a "write to people" day on utl perhaps you could simply
drop a quick question to DLR / TfL via the TfL website enquiring as to
when the platform and link bridge will come into service?

Well, I was only venting my emotions - as I'm a person who
(unexpectedly) have to spent 4 more months in Stratford (changing from
DLR to Central every single morning) it would certainly make my life
easier, but I don't really want to distract people from their work
because of that :-)

I take your point but people are actually employed to deal with customer
comments / questions so it is entirely legitimate to ask! I suspect
there may be a dependency on the use of the second platform and Langdon
Park opening. A new schedule will be needed and it makes more sense to
reschedule the whole Stratford service in one go rather than make short
term incremental changes. There is a notice on the on line DLR timetable
for Stratford saying it is temporary until Langdon Park is completed.
--
Paul C