Old December 11th 07, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New fares leaflet plan

On Dec 11, 11:04 am, martin wrote:
I actually went 'ooh' when I read this on the tube the other day. The
discounts only apply to the off-peak cap, so while it's not likely to
save me money on getting to work during the week (peak times for
capping are 0430-0930, while peak times for single fares are
0700-0930)

Oops, slip of the finger: peak times for single fares are, of course,
0700-1900.

- m

Old December 12th 07, 04:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"martin" wrote in message

The new Fares and Tickets leaflet says:
"This new discount daily price cap applies to holders of the following
National Rail Railcards: Disabled Persons, HM Forces, Senior and Young
Persons.
You will need an Oyster card with your discount concession loaded on
it. For full details visit tfl.gov.uk/fares"

The website doesn't yet have any information, but here are the new
capping rates, both undiscounted, and with Railcard discount:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...s-08-01-02.pdf

Arrived on the website today for those interested.

Paul S

Old December 12th 07, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

new capping rates, both undiscounted, and with Railcard discount:

There is a capping rate for Z1-9 and another for Z1-8+WJ. But how much
is the capping rate for Z1-9+WJ (Amersham and Watford Junction)?

Old December 13th 07, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 12 Dec, 18:33, Martin Krieger wrote:
new capping rates, both undiscounted, and with Railcard discount:

There is a capping rate for Z1-9 and another for Z1-8+WJ. But how much
is the capping rate for Z1-9+WJ (Amersham and Watford Junction)?

I can't actually see the Watford Junction cap listed anywhere.

In any case caps can overlap, so the z1-8+w cap would apply to all
journeys except those to Amersham or Chesham, and the Z1-9 to all
journeys except to Watford Junction.
Old December 13th 07, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I can't actually see the Watford Junction cap listed anywhere.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresa...ares/5196.aspx
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresa...ares/6769.aspx

In any case caps can overlap, so the z1-8+w cap would apply to all
journeys except those to Amersham or Chesham, and the Z1-9 to all
journeys except to Watford Junction.

Yes. But if someone (for whatever reason) travels to Amersham AND WJ? I
don't know if I ever do this, but there has to bee a cap and I hope it's
below the sum of Z1-9 and Z2-8+W (or Z2-9 + Z1-8+W) :-)

Old December 13th 07, 11:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 13, 11:36 am, Matthew Dickinson
wrote:
On 12 Dec, 18:33, Martin Krieger wrote:

new capping rates, both undiscounted, and with Railcard discount:

There is a capping rate for Z1-9 and another for Z1-8+WJ. But how much
is the capping rate for Z1-9+WJ (Amersham and Watford Junction)?

I can't actually see the Watford Junction cap listed anywhere.

In any case caps can overlap, so the z1-8+w cap would apply to all
journeys except those to Amersham or Chesham, and the Z1-9 to all
journeys except to Watford Junction.

Not only can I not see Watford Junction cap listed anywhere. I can't
even see single fares to or from Watford Junction listed anywhere.

Tim.
Old December 13th 07, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On 12 Dec, 18:33, Martin Krieger wrote:

new capping rates, both undiscounted, and with Railcard discount:

There is a capping rate for Z1-9 and another for Z1-8+WJ. But how much
is the capping rate for Z1-9+WJ (Amersham and Watford Junction)?

I can't actually see the Watford Junction cap listed anywhere.

In any case caps can overlap, so the z1-8+w cap would apply to all
journeys except those to Amersham or Chesham, and the Z1-9 to all
journeys except to Watford Junction.

Not only can I not see Watford Junction cap listed anywhere. I can't
even see single fares to or from Watford Junction listed anywhere.

Hmmm, the website needs a bit of work as well because it doesn't agree
with the document:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...s=S how+fares

Tells me 4.50

Page 8 of the document says that Bushey is in zone 8

and page 21 of the document says that a zone 1-8 single is 5.50

Tim.

Old December 13th 07, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 13, 12:05 pm, "
wrote:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...farefinder/def...

Tells me 4.50

Page 8 of the document says that Bushey is in zone 8

and page 21 of the document says that a zone 1-8 single is 5.50

Ha!

Bushey to Euston (London Underground) is 5.50. Infact it appears
Bushey to any Z1 station is 5.50, it's just Bushey to Euston (London
Overground) is 4.50. So I guess the website is wrong.

Tim.

Old December 13th 07, 11:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

[Bushey - Euston(Overground)]

Tells me 4.50

Page 8 of the document says that Bushey is in zone 8

and page 21 of the document says that a zone 1-8 single is 5.50

There seems to bee some special 'Overground Only' fares. If one extends
the journey to anywhere else in Z1 it's 5.50.

Adding the better off-peak times it might be a good idea to break a
journey at Euston.
Old December 13th 07, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 13, 12:09 pm, "
wrote:
On Dec 13, 12:05 pm, "
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Ok.

It appears that all fares to Euston Overground are getting cheaper
(except from WJ).

Harrow and Wealdstone to Euston will be 3.00.
H&W to Z1 will be 3.50

Currently it's 3.50 regardless.

Watford Junction to Z1 is going up. Currently it's 5.50. It will be
6.00.

WJ to Euston is staying the same at 5.50

Tim.