London Banter

-   -   KX St P Underground overcrowding (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5963-kx-st-p-underground-overcrowding.html)

Garry Smith December 13th 07 08:15 AM

KX St P Underground overcrowding

On both Tuesday and Wednesday this week, KX St P Underground
station has been closed temporarily at around 1830, due to overcrowding.

I've only in the last few weeks returned to working in London, so I
don't know how common this is nowadays. But these are the first
occurrences of closures that I have been aware of.

How often does this happen? Could it be related to the change in
passenger flows which will have been caused by St P International
- including the low-level station - now being fully open?
--
Garry Smith

Robin Mayes December 13th 07 09:06 AM

"Garry Smith" wrote in message
On both Tuesday and Wednesday this week, KX St P Underground
station has been closed temporarily at around 1830, due to overcrowding.

I've only in the last few weeks returned to working in London, so I
don't know how common this is nowadays. But these are the first
occurrences of closures that I have been aware of.

How often does this happen? Could it be related to the change in
passenger flows which will have been caused by St P International
- including the low-level station - now being fully open?

Tuesday's closure was caused by a serious RTA nearby resulting in people
using the underground rather than buses and delays on other lines. On
Wednesday the Piccadilly Line had severe delays and there was also a
football match at Arsenel's new stadium.

Michael Hoffman December 13th 07 09:48 PM

Garry Smith wrote:
On both Tuesday and Wednesday this week, KX St P Underground
station has been closed temporarily at around 1830, due to overcrowding.

I've only in the last few weeks returned to working in London, so I
don't know how common this is nowadays. But these are the first
occurrences of closures that I have been aware of.

How often does this happen?

Too often, even before all the new stuff at St Pancras.pen?
--
Michael Hoffman

TimB December 14th 07 10:42 AM

On Dec 13, 9:15 am, "Garry Smith" wrote:
On both Tuesday and Wednesday this week, KX St P Underground
station has been closed temporarily at around 1830, due to overcrowding.

I've only in the last few weeks returned to working in London, so I
don't know how common this is nowadays. But these are the first
occurrences of closures that I have been aware of.

How often does this happen? Could it be related to the change in
passenger flows which will have been caused by St P International
- including the low-level station - now being fully open?
--
Garry Smith

There was a thread about this a couple of months ago - see the
archives.
Tim