Old December 15th 07, 04:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default THIS IS MOHAMMED 25

Then he recited this verse to them:
In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
"O mankind! Lo! We have created you male and female, and have made
you
nations and tribes so you may know each another. Surely the noblest
of
you, in the sight of Allah, is the best in conduct. Lo! Allah is All-
knowing, All-aware". (Koran xlix.13)
After this he said to them: 'O Quraysh, what do you think I am going
to do to you?' The people thought carefully before answering because
they knew that according to the laws of war they could all be taken
prisoner. They also knew, however, that the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
was generous, so they replied, 'You will treat us as a kind nephew
and
a generous brother would.'

To this he replied with the words used by the Prophet Joseph when his
brothers came to Egypt: 'God forgives you and He is the Most Merciful
of the merciful.' Later the Prophet (pbuh) went to the hill of Safa
and there the crowd followed him and surged forward,
taking his hand one by one, to declare themselves Muslim. He then
turned to the Ka'bah and, pointing his staff at the three hundred and
sixty-five idols which were placed there, recited from the Koran:
In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
". Truth has come and falsehood has vanished away. Lo! Falsehood is
ever bound to vanish". (Koran xvii.81)
At this, each idol fell over onto its face. Together with his
followers the Prophet (pbuh) then proceeded to purify the Ka'bah,
after which he ordered Bilal to climb on top of it and perform the
call to prayer. Since then the call to prayer has been heard five
times a day in Mecca.

The Ka'bah, the House of Allah, has served the purpose for which it
was built by Abraham thousands of years ago, as a sanctuary for the
worship of Allah, our Creator, and Mecca continues to be the
spiritual
centre of Islam.
On the day Mecca was conquered
the Prophet (pbuh) addressed the people saying: 'Allah made Mecca
holy
the day He created heaven and earth and it is the Holy of Holies
until
the Resurrection Day. It is not lawful for anyone who believes in
Allah and the Last Day to shed blood therein, nor to cut down trees
therein. It was not lawful for anyone before me and it will not be
lawful for anyone after me.
Indeed it is not lawful for me except at this time, only Allah's
anger
against his people makes it permissible. Mecca has now regained its
former holiness. Let those here now go forth and tell others.'

The Lesson Of Pride At The Valley Of Hunayn
Islam flourished in Mecca and the Muslims became
stronger and stronger. But south of Mecca lived a tribe of warriors
called Hawazin, who had not become Muslim. They made an agreement
with
another tribe from Ta'if, called Thaqif to fight the Muslims and
destroy them before they could spread their religion throughout
Arabia.
The Thaqif, who were known for their courage, soon won the support of
other tribes living around the Ta'if area, especially when such
tribes
were told: 'Look what has happened! If Quraysh, the largest tribe of
all, have fallen to Muhammad, it is only a matter of time before the
same will happen to the rest of us. We should strike now before the
Muslims are established in Mecca and have the support of Quraysh.'
The
Chief of one of these tribes, a fearless warrior called Malik Ibn
'Awf, was chosen as the leader. He put forward a plan: 'You should
all
go out to battle accompanied by your families, your tents, your sheep
and goats, for with all your belongings at stake, none of you will
dare give up the fight.'
Everyone agreed with Malik except an old, blind man called Dorayd. He
had been a great warrior in his day and because of his experience and
valuable advice still accompanied the men into battle. 'I don't like
Malik's plan', he insisted. 'If a man is so cowardly as to leave a
battle,
then he will leave his family as well. The women and children will be
a great worry to us and if we are defeated all our wealth will fall
into enemy hands.' But Malik ignored this advice and stuck to his
original plan. When the Prophet (pbuh) heard what the enemy tribes
were planning, he found himself forced to fight and ordered his army
towards Ta'if. He had twelve thousand men and the enemy only four
thousand. The Muslims were proud of their strength and as they looked
around at their number, said to themselves, 'We will never be
defeated!' On hearing this the Prophet (pbuh) knew that the Muslims
had become too proud and because of this would not succeed.
He warned them, 'Look to Allah and not to your own strength.'

The time for battle came. The Muslim army advanced along the Hunayn
path, a narrow way in the rugged mountains, towards the valley where
the Hawazin and the other tribes were waiting. It was very early
morning and not yet light. The Muslims were unaware that,
under cover of darkness, the Hawazin warriors had already climbed up
the mountain and were waiting for them. As soon as all the Muslims
were trapped in the narrow passage-way below, the Hawazin ambushed
them. First they threw rocks down upon them and then attacked with
arrows and swords.
In surprise and fear, the Muslims started to retreat. The Prophet
(pbuh) was bitterly disappointed to see them fleeing in terror but he
stayed firmly in his place with Abu Bakr, 'Ali, his uncle al-'Abbas,
and a few companions at his side. Al-'Abbas then called to the
Muslims
to return and not to abandon the Prophet (pbuh). Ashamed at what they
had done, and seeing the Prophet (pbuh) facing the enemy almost
alone,
the Muslims quickly returned to fight. Then Allah sent His angels-the
hosts ye cannot see-to their aid. A fierce battle followed. The
Muslim
warriors advanced, attacking furiously, driving the Hawazin back from
the path into the valley, where the fighting went on long and hard.
At
the end of the day the Muslims won but not before having learned a
hard lesson about the danger of pride.
Just as the old man had predicted, the defeated enemy fled, leaving
their families and possessions to be captured. Later all the leaders
of the tribes except one came to ask for them back and to declare
their acceptance of Islam. The Prophet (pbuh) forgave them and
returned their families to them, but not their belongings. The one
exception was the leader of Hawazin. He fled to Ta'if, where he
sought
protection in the castle, but the Muslims pursued him and surrounded
the city, which they besieged for about three weeks.
They tried to break into the castle but after losing many men in the
attempt the Prophet (pbuh) ordered a withdrawal. The story did not
end
there, however, for shortly afterwards Hawazin and most of the other
tribes came to Mecca and declared themselves Muslim, including Malik
Ibn Awf, who had led them in battle and whom the Prophet (pbuh) now
made their leader.
After the battle of the Hunayn Valley, the Prophet (pbuh) distributed
what goods had been taken between the people of Quraysh and the other
Bedouin tribes. The Ansar from Medinah, who had been his only support
during the long hard years before the conquest of Mecca, received
nothing. They felt angry about this and went to the Prophet (pbuh) to
complain. He said to them, what is this I hear of you? Do you think
badly of me? Did I not come to you when you did not know the truth
and
Allah guided you; when you were poor and Allah made you rich; when
you
were enemies and Allah softened your hearts? Are you covetous for the
things of this world that I must use to gain people's trust so that I
can then lead them to Islam? Surely for you Islam is enough? Are you
not satisfied that while some men take away flocks and herds you take
Allah's Messenger back with you to Medinah?' On hearing this, all the
men felt very contrite and began to weep then with great humility and
reverence their spokesman said: 'We are indeed well pleased to have
Allah's Messenger as our gift in this life.
' Perhaps we could ask ourselves the same question. Are we not
blessed
to have the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and the Book, guiding us in what
really matters for ever and ever? Is this not so much more important
than thinking about the momentary pleasures of the day?
Shortly after this the Ansar left for Medinah accompanied by the
Prophet (pbuh). He could have stayed among his own people and lived
out his days in Mecca, but he returned as he had promised, to live
among the people of Medinah, which was a great blessing for them.
In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
"Allah gave you victory on many fields and on the day of Hunayn, when
you exulted in your great numbers it was of no help to you, and the
earth, vast as it is, was straitened for you; then you turned back in
flight; Then Allah sent His peace of reassurance down upon is
Messenger and upon the believers, and sent down hosts you could not
see,
and punished those who did not believe. Such is the reward of
disbelievers. Then afterwards Allah will relent toward whom He will;
for Allah is Forgiving, Merciful". (Koran ix.25-27)

Old December 15th 07, 10:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"msk2000" wrote in message
[...]

Islam...Much more a death cult then a religion.

Old December 15th 07, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Taken from The Daily Telegraph 26th November 2007 -

"Thomas the Tank Engine to gain Muslim friend.

Much loved children's book and television character Thomas the Tank
Engine is to gain a Muslim friend in a bid to widen his appeal amongst
Britain's increasingly ethnically diverse population. Philip Ranger, a
spokesman for HIT Entertainment, the company that licenses the Thomas
brand, said "We are keen to broaden Thomas's appeal in our
multicultural society. I am sure that one of the new characters,
Mohammed the hump-shunter, will be a hit amongst Muslim children." He
also said that his company hoped to sell the Thomas TV programmes to
countries like Afghanistan, as soon as the Taliban allow people to
have television sets.

One story will involve Mohammed refusing to shunt trucks on Friday
because he has to attend prayers. Luckily Thomas comes to the rescue
but, after being accused of racism, the Fat Controller is then forced
to construct a siding facing Mecca for Mohammed to use for this
purpose. Another story involves the Fat Controller banning the Muslim
engine from entering tunnels after a theological argument with his
driver and fireman, for fear that he'll deliberately blow up his
boiler in a suicide protest.

Muslim community leaders, while welcoming the move to broaden Thomas's
appeal, have some reservations. "It is forbidden to name railway
engines after The Prophet", said Ahmed Mirza, a moderate community
leader from Bradford, who admits that he hasn't read the new books. He
plans to organise protests at the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway's
next "Day out with Thomas" event in the spring. "I hope the protest is
peaceful", he said, "but feelings about this blasphemy are running
very high in the Muslim community". Meanwhile other less moderate
imams, not realising that Thomas is a fictional railway locomotive,
have called for him to be beheaded."