Old February 12th 08, 11:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default KXSP Phase 2 progress

According to the TfL board papers of 06 February 2008
(http://tinyurl.com/yqkcww) Phase 2 is on schedule, but I was surprised
to see that 31 December 2010 is the planned date of completion (and not
early 2010 as I thought earlier). Having flicked through previous board
papers it turns out that the same date had been chosen before 20
September 2006 - with the KXSE project snapping at its heels I presume
that the Northern Ticket Hall will be made structually sound well before
then since it will have to support the Western Concourse that will be
built on top of it and (theoretically) opened in time for the 2012 Olympics.

Old February 16th 08, 03:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I have recently spoken to someone at LUL and apparently the Pentonville
Road entrance will probably continue to operate as it does now even when
the Northern Ticket Hall opens. However the former Thameslink ticket
office will not be serviced (this would tie in with the closure of a
considerable handful of ticket offices across the LU network) and even
now the card-only TVMs haven't been turned on.
Old February 16th 08, 04:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13 Feb, 00:34, Sky Rider wrote:
Having flicked through previous board
papers it turns out that the same date had been chosen before 20
September 2006 - with the KXSE project snapping at its heels I presume
that the Northern Ticket Hall will be made structually sound well before
then since it will have to support the Western Concourse that will be
built on top of it and (theoretically) opened in time for the 2012 Olympics.

There's a note on page 66/7:

"The near term major milestone, handover of the Northern Ticket Hall
Roof Slab in September 2008, is still on target."

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London
Old February 17th 08, 09:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16 Feb, 17:53, Mr Thant
wrote:
"The near term major milestone, handover of the Northern Ticket Hall
Roof Slab in September 2008, is still on target."

Handover of the roof slab? To whom and why (I suppose one would answer
the other)?

What is going on with the northern ticket hall anyway, all that mess
on the surface that was there for the tube ticket hall is still there,
and they haven't even got rid of the temporary northern stairs, which
I'd have thought would be a fundamentally important detail in having a
corridor passing through them.
Old February 17th 08, 11:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 17 Feb, 22:48, lonelytraveller
wrote:
Handover of the roof slab? To whom and why (I suppose one would answer
the other)?

To Network Rail so they can build the western concourse on top of it:
http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co...Categ oryID=8

What is going on with the northern ticket hall anyway, all that mess
on the surface that was there for the tube ticket hall is still there,
and they haven't even got rid of the temporary northern stairs, which
I'd have thought would be a fundamentally important detail in having a
corridor passing through them.

You've lost me there. Which stairs exactly?

Old February 28th 08, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Handover of the roof slab? To whom and why (I suppose one would answer
the other)?

To Network Rail so they can build the western concourse on top of it:
http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co...Categ oryID=8

What is going on with the northern ticket hall anyway, all that mess
on the surface that was there for the tube ticket hall is still there,
and they haven't even got rid of the temporary northern stairs, which
I'd have thought would be a fundamentally important detail in having a
corridor passing through them.

You've lost me there. Which stairs exactly?

The stairs which formed a northern exit from the tube booking hall to
the open air, south of KX suburban. They could still be a useful
route for travellers St Pancras EM and TL (in good weather).
--
Peter Lawrence
Old February 29th 08, 09:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 21:00:45 on
Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Peter Lawrence remarked:
You've lost me there. Which stairs exactly?

The stairs which formed a northern exit from the tube booking hall to
the open air, south of KX suburban. They could still be a useful
route for travellers St Pancras EM and TL (in good weather).

I would have expected an exit there through the new KX ticket concourse,
and via there to the tunnel which comes up opposite the "Circle" just
inside the StPancras extension. (But I haven't looked at any plans).

New KXSP sub surface station kytelly London Transport 9 July 31st 06 06:24 PM
KXSP question Colin Rosenstiel London Transport 2 July 27th 06 12:00 AM
KXSP question John B London Transport 11 July 14th 06 05:21 PM
KXSP Ticket Hall Now Open Paul Oter London Transport 17 June 2nd 06 03:31 PM
KXSP update - Western Ticket Hall opens May 28 John B London Transport 10 May 27th 06 01:58 PM