Old February 29th 08, 08:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
THC THC is offline

Default Mayoral Manifesto from London Travel Watch

On Feb 28, 10:45*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
There's my 2p worth.

2p? More like £20bn worth!

Some excellent suggestions there Paul. I particularly agree with your
point concerning interchange as currently several opportunities are
being missed. The lack of platforms on the 'fast' at Willesden
Junction or any proposals for an adjacent station on Crossrail
(something which my own borough is campaigning for) is a missed
opportunity for one. No doubt others here can contribute other
examples (I know it's not actually in London but I mention the Croxley
Rail Link under this general theme).

I'd tweak your DLR suggestions, again with interchange in mind, and
send the western branch from Bank up to Moorgate and Farringdon
instead along the old City Widened alignment once this is no longer
used by FCC. It would provide grade one interchange and access from
Thameslink (and Crossrail when constructed) and would be then ideally
placed for extension to KXSP and even Euston if both the demand and
finance are there (some hope though).

All I can do on your points regarding information provision and
ticketing is endorse them. I'd hate to be the person in charge of the
Oyster or son-of-Oyster-with-ITSO National Rail rollout though! A
knighthood would surely await successful implementation...

THC
Old February 29th 08, 02:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, THC
writes
All I can do on your points regarding information provision and
ticketing is endorse them. I'd hate to be the person in charge of the
Oyster or son-of-Oyster-with-ITSO National Rail rollout though! A
knighthood would surely await successful implementation...

Don't you feel that "Sir Paul Corfield" has a certain ring to it?
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old February 29th 08, 06:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:02:48 +0000, Ian Jelf
wrote:

In message
, THC
writes
All I can do on your points regarding information provision and
ticketing is endorse them. I'd hate to be the person in charge of the
Oyster or son-of-Oyster-with-ITSO National Rail rollout though! A
knighthood would surely await successful implementation...

Don't you feel that "Sir Paul Corfield" has a certain ring to it?

Behave Mr Jelf. Anyway they didn't even give me an interview when I
applied for the (Oyster) job.
--
Paul C

Old February 29th 08, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:02:48 +0000, Ian Jelf
wrote:

In message
,
THC writes
All I can do on your points regarding information provision and
ticketing is endorse them. I'd hate to be the person in charge of
the Oyster or son-of-Oyster-with-ITSO National Rail rollout though!
A knighthood would surely await successful implementation...

Don't you feel that "Sir Paul Corfield" has a certain ring to it?

Behave Mr Jelf. Anyway they didn't even give me an interview when I
applied for the (Oyster) job.

You shouldn't have used this picture on your CV.
http://www.artarchiv.net/sexarte/dok...field%20sm.jpg

Old February 29th 08, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
I also
believe there is scope for a programme of new lines and possibly some
extensions and I believe the lessons from places like Madrid, where
lines can be built in next to no time, should be learned for London.

Our railway building strategy has been copied from Spain - we're building
them mañana.

Old March 2nd 08, 11:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:12:27 -0800 (PST), Mwmbwls
wrote:

http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/document/3159/get

All motherhood and apple pie stuff - What specific measures would you
add to give the London Travel Watch document teeth or should that be
legs?

There's my 2p worth.

Paul, you've somehow missed building the Northern line express tunnel.

tom

--
All we need now is Jesus the Lord, fine corn liquor and the courage to
think the unthinkable.