London Banter

-   -   platform monitors at paddington (bakerloo southbound) (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/6309-platform-monitors-paddington-bakerloo-southbound.html)

MarkVarley - MVP March 13th 08 10:00 AM

platform monitors at paddington (bakerloo southbound)

after a train journey from hell itself last night we were awaiting an
underground train at paddington, bakerloo line, southbound platform).
I'm pretty sure I saw a bank of monitors (which I've seen before and
assume they are for the drivers to monitor platform activity while
sitting in the station), but at both ends.
Admittedly I was pretty tired and we were around the middle of the
platform but I'm pretty sure there were two sets.
Do trains run in both directions on this platform? what were the other
monitors for if not?

--
Mark.
www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk

Mr Thant March 13th 08 10:21 AM

platform monitors at paddington (bakerloo southbound)

On 13 Mar, 11:00, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:
Do trains run in both directions on this platform? what were the other
monitors for if not?

There's a crossover track north of the station allowing trains to get
to the northbound tunnel from the southbound platform, so if the line
were closed south of Paddington the platform would be used for
northbound departures.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London