London Banter

-   -   BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/641-breaking-news-power-cut-affecting.html)

Michael R N Dolbear September 1st 03 12:07 AM

BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

Colin Rosenstiel wrote
[...]
Greenwich was redesigned for fast startup in emergencies. It's a gas
turbine station.

I was surprised to read that it only supplies the emergency lighting

these
days. I understand that on this occasion there sufficient grid

supplies
remained for that. It was built to supply the whole LCC tramway

network so
i would have thought it could supply more.

No Gas Turbine driven generators in LCC days !

I suspect your "redesigned" should be rebuilt with a fresh look at the
capacity required.

--
Mike D