London Banter

-   -   Heathrow & Piccadilly Tube Question (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/644-heathrow-piccadilly-tube-question.html)

Add Subtract September 1st 03 09:51 AM

Heathrow & Piccadilly Tube Question

Hi,

It is easy to get to the tube station from Terminal 3 at Heathrow?

At Piccadilly Circus Tube Station are there lifts or escalators or just
a bunch of steps up to the street?

Thanks

+-

Cast_Iron September 1st 03 10:33 AM

Add Subtract wrote:
Hi,

It is easy to get to the tube station from Terminal 3 at
Heathrow?

At Piccadilly Circus Tube Station are there lifts or
escalators or just a bunch of steps up to the street?

Thanks

+-

There is a tunnel with travelator (moving walkway) from T3 to Heathrow
Central and at Piccadilly Circus there are escalators and a short flight of
stairs to street level

Add Subtract September 1st 03 02:46 PM

Heathrow & Piccadilly Tube Question

Thank you!

Robin May September 1st 03 09:13 PM

(Add Subtract) wrote the following in:

Hi,

It is easy to get to the tube station from Terminal 3 at Heathrow?

I've done this nine times, and it's very easy. One of the times I
actually did it just to fill a bit of time and stretch my legs while I
was waiting for a flight to arrive.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.

Terry Harper September 1st 03 11:00 PM

"Robin May" wrote in message
(Add Subtract) wrote the following in:

It is easy to get to the tube station from Terminal 3 at Heathrow?

I've done this nine times, and it's very easy. One of the times I
actually did it just to fill a bit of time and stretch my legs while I
was waiting for a flight to arrive.

Going that way is not bad, as it is slightly down hill. Going from the
Underground Station to T3 can be a bit hard going, especially if the gate is
about to close. I once hit a long gap between trains, with several either
going to the sheds, or down the other line, and it was touch and go. Running
uphill with a trolley is hard work.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
http://www.omnibussoc.org

Add Subtract September 3rd 03 10:11 AM

Heathrow & Piccadilly Tube Question

My newsreader (heh heh!) didn't show all the replies to this thread, but
I checked Google.

Thanks everyone for the information!