London Banter

-   -   Victoria - Waterloo (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/655-victoria-waterloo.html)

Paul Corfield September 2nd 03 05:31 PM

Victoria - Waterloo

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:03:19 +0000 (UTC), "Da Man"
wrote:

Whats the best way from Victoria Coach Station to Waterloo Railway Station?
Is it the bus or would I be best getting the tube? and where would I change.
It will be quite early in the morning (7am ish) so any ideas ???

Bus 211 links the two locations.

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/211.pdf will bring up a timetable.
--
Paul C

Andrew Black September 2nd 03 08:09 PM

Victoria - Waterloo

Paul Corfield wrote in
:

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/211.pdf

Thanks for that. A mine of useful info, including the timetables that
appear to have been removed from TfL (or at least well hidden).

nmtop40 September 2nd 03 10:03 PM

Victoria - Waterloo

Is it Eurostar or Waterloo BR?

If the latter, you can go from Victoria to Vauxhall on the Victoria
Line (do mainline trains go from Victoria to Vauxhall?), then back
from Vauxhall to Waterloo.

Or even change at Clapham Junction but that's a lot longer.

Cast_Iron September 2nd 03 10:25 PM

Victoria - Waterloo

nmtop40 wrote:
Is it Eurostar or Waterloo BR?

If the latter, you can go from Victoria to Vauxhall on the
Victoria Line (do mainline trains go from Victoria to
Vauxhall?), then back from Vauxhall to Waterloo.

Yes, in fact if your going from somewhere on the Southern to Euston or
King's Cross and want to avoind the Waterloo cruch it makes an alternative
interchange.

Paul Corfield September 3rd 03 05:43 PM

Victoria - Waterloo

On 2 Sep 2003 15:03:56 -0700, (nmtop40) wrote:

Is it Eurostar or Waterloo BR?

Irrelevant - they're the same place.

If the latter, you can go from Victoria to Vauxhall on the Victoria
Line (do mainline trains go from Victoria to Vauxhall?), then back
from Vauxhall to Waterloo.

Or even change at Clapham Junction but that's a lot longer.

But the request was from Victoria Coach Station to Waterloo and there is
a direct bus.

If I was going from Victoria Bus / Rail / Tube to Waterloo I would
either take a bus (148, 211 or 507) or else do District to Westminster
and then the Jubilee Line. I would never go via Vauxhall or Clapham
Junction as the services are comparatively infrequent, the interchange
is far too long and the journey time is too long.
--
Paul C