London Banter

-   -   GE 19 Bridge Push (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/6636-ge-19-bridge-push.html)

Mwmbwls April 27th 08 11:00 AM

GE 19 Bridge Push

The GE 19 Bridge Push is due to take place over the next Bank Holiday
Weekend. Is it going to appear on webcam? Are there any positions from
which the bridge can easily be observed/photographed whilst it is
being pushed into position? Can any of our technically qualified
contributors offer a commentary on the key elements of the proposed
move?

John Smith April 27th 08 11:05 AM

GE 19 Bridge Push

Where the fxxx is GE 19 bridge ???

Great Eastern April 27th 08 11:17 AM

GE 19 Bridge Push

John Smith wrote:
Where the fxxx is GE 19 bridge ???

The approach to Liverpool Street

Mr Thant April 27th 08 12:03 PM

GE 19 Bridge Push

On 27 Apr, 12:00, Mwmbwls wrote:
The GE 19 Bridge Push is due to take place over the next Bank Holiday
Weekend. Is it going to appear on webcam?

Are there any positions from
which the bridge can easily be observed/photographed whilst it is
being pushed into position?

Allen Gardens, which is the little park by the old Shoreditch station.
See this map:
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...e-through.html

(the bridge has been assembled in the area marked "embankment ramp")

Can any of our technically qualified
contributors offer a commentary on the key elements of the proposed
move?

It'll be pulled from the front by winches and pushed from the back by
a "self propelled vehicle". The back half of the deck has been filled
with concrete to act as a counterweight, and there's a long extension
on the front to guide it onto the far side and take the weight.

Don't forget there's a similar bridge being moved just north of New
Cross Gate the following weekend, although that's a ******* to catch a
glimpse of. The corner of Mercury Way and Coldblow Lane is just about
the only place, although that's fair trudge from New Cross Gate
station. Should be more complex, as I think the bridge needs to be
swivelled as well as pushed.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London

John Ray[_2_] April 28th 08 12:15 PM

GE 19 Bridge Push

Mr Thant wrote:
On 27 Apr, 12:00, Mwmbwls wrote:
[...]

It will need to be lifted first; I wonder if the entire operation can be
done with a large crane or two?

[email protected] April 30th 08 02:42 PM

GE 19 Bridge Push

Does anyone know what date and time this is likely to happen on?

Paul Scott May 1st 08 10:17 AM

GE 19 Bridge Push

wrote in message
Does anyone know what date and time this is likely to happen on?

Times included he

http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...s-weekend.html

Paul S

Richard J.[_2_] May 3rd 08 10:17 AM

GE 19 Bridge Push

Mr Thant wrote:
On 27 Apr, 12:00, Mwmbwls wrote:
The GE 19 Bridge Push is due to take place over the next Bank Holiday
Weekend. Is it going to appear on webcam?

Are there any positions from
which the bridge can easily be observed/photographed whilst it is
being pushed into position?

Allen Gardens, which is the little park by the old Shoreditch station.
See this map:
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...e-through.html

(the bridge has been assembled in the area marked "embankment ramp")

Thanks for the excellent map. I went there on Thursday (1st May) and took
some photos which are at http://rjnews.fotopic.net in the collection "ELLX
Shoreditch". I plan to take more photos tomorrow (though not during the 4
a.m. session!).

--
Richard J.

No Name May 3rd 08 04:33 PM

GE 19 Bridge Push

In article ,
Richard J. wrote:
I plan to take more photos tomorrow (though not during the 4 a.m.
session!).

Lazybones! :-))

--
David Wild using RISC OS on broadband
www.davidhwild.me.uk

Paul Scott May 3rd 08 08:18 PM

GE 19 Bridge Push

"Richard J." wrote in message
om...
Mr Thant wrote:
On 27 Apr, 12:00, Mwmbwls wrote:
The GE 19 Bridge Push is due to take place over the next Bank Holiday
Weekend. Is it going to appear on webcam?

Are there any positions from
which the bridge can easily be observed/photographed whilst it is
being pushed into position?

Allen Gardens, which is the little park by the old Shoreditch station.
See this map:
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...e-through.html

(the bridge has been assembled in the area marked "embankment ramp")

Thanks for the excellent map. I went there on Thursday (1st May) and took
some photos which are at http://rjnews.fotopic.net in the collection "ELLX
Shoreditch". I plan to take more photos tomorrow (though not during the 4
a.m. session!).

They have a couple of Webcams running at:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...ices/8152.aspx

Hopefully they won't ne overwhelmed like the SHoreditch ones were a few
weeks ago...

Paul S