Old May 5th 08, 03:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Slow Progress of refund

I bought a ticket 7 weeks ago from London to Birmingham at Harrow and
Wealdstone. Cost £26 with YP railcard.

Someone comitted suicide on the railway resulting in delays so I
decided not to travel.

In the conditions of carriage I can hand my ticket to any national
rail station. I handed my ticket to Peterborough who sent it onto
Harrow and Wealdstone.
To date I had heard nothing regarding my refund.
Today I went to Harrow and Wealdstone station and spoke to the station
manager, she said she could not find my paper work.

She flicked through her "approved for refunds" book which had photo
copies of customer refund forms and I caught a glipse of my name and
addres in the file.

I had got her to do this twice as I had already checked with PBO and
they definetly sent it to H&W

So it is transparrent that PBO have forwarded the paperwork for my
refund to H&W.
The ticket officer told me she would contact the person who deals with
the refunds. I gave her my number.

She called me back and told me that someone had signed the name of the
refund manager, and the refund manager cannot recall my ticket. She
said it could have been an agency staff.

What H&W have is the copy of what was filled out at PBO. However the
unused tickets that cost £26 have gone AWOL. The other thing I noticed
is that they have taken £10 in admin fee which I think is a little bit
unjust.

She told me to contact PBO and see if they have any copies of what
they sent,
My form was stamped with NXEX and my tickets were taken off me. I
still have the receipts.

How shall I proceed, this whole thing is a bit of a farce.

The otherthing I noticed is that H&W is operated by London
Underground!! How do they have any knowledge of the national rail
network?