Old June 16th 08, 10:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Culturail

It's fun, it's tongue in cheek, it's obviously not meant to be in any way
serious, but it will probably tickle the fancy of some he

http://www.culturail.com

He's suggesting a new rail linking the cultural centres of South London
(no, I hadn't heard of the Soseki Museum either) :-)

Anyway, aparently he presented his idea at the Chelsea Theatre last May
http://www.chelseatheatre.org.uk/culturail.htm so too late for that one,
but this Wednesday he's starting off an evening at SPACE, one night only
http://www.spacestudios.org.uk/All_C...st_Forum/June_
18th_2008/

Thought it may be of interest to some here.

Old June 17th 08, 02:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, Tristán White wrote:

It's fun, it's tongue in cheek, it's obviously not meant to be in any way
serious, but it will probably tickle the fancy of some he

http://www.culturail.com

He's suggesting a new rail linking the cultural centres of South London
(no, I hadn't heard of the Soseki Museum either) :-)

A splendid scheme! It would be a gentler world in which railway lines were
built to serve museums and galleries, not factories and offices.

But, as with all schemes, NEEDS MORE INTERCHANGE. He goes right under
Clapham Junction and doesn't propose a stop!

Also, i'm surprised the route goes from Soseki to Home via Stockwell
rather than Brixton Art Gallery. Perhaps future plans should include a
branch from the main line, serving that and also 198, at Herne Hill?

tom

--
Miscellaneous Terrorists: Ducks | Bird Flu | Avian flu | Jimbo Wales |
Backstreet Boys | The Al Queda Network | Tesco -- Uncyclopedia
Old June 18th 08, 07:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, Tristán White wrote:

It's fun, it's tongue in cheek, it's obviously not meant to be in any way
serious, but it will probably tickle the fancy of some he

http://www.culturail.com

He's suggesting a new rail linking the cultural centres of South London
(no, I hadn't heard of the Soseki Museum either) :-)

A splendid scheme! It would be a gentler world in which railway lines
were built to serve museums and galleries, not factories and offices.

But, as with all schemes, NEEDS MORE INTERCHANGE. He goes right under
Clapham Junction and doesn't propose a stop!

Also, i'm surprised the route goes from Soseki to Home via Stockwell
rather than Brixton Art Gallery. Perhaps future plans should include a
branch from the main line, serving that and also 198, at Herne Hill?

Tom, AFAIK Brixton Art Gallery has been closed for some years now, due
to Lambeth withdrawing funding, as to the 198, I am not sure as I have
not actually walked along that part of Railton Road for a long time.

tom

--
Martin

replies to newsgroup only please.
Old June 18th 08, 09:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Martin Smith wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, Tristán White wrote:

http://www.culturail.com

He's suggesting a new rail linking the cultural centres of South London
(no, I hadn't heard of the Soseki Museum either) :-)

Also, i'm surprised the route goes from Soseki to Home via Stockwell rather
than Brixton Art Gallery. Perhaps future plans should include a branch from
the main line, serving that and also 198, at Herne Hill?

Tom, AFAIK Brixton Art Gallery has been closed for some years now, due
to Lambeth withdrawing funding,

Ah, excellent - that means the line has a regeneration case!

tom

--
Science which is distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced