London Banter

-   -   Paging Mssrs Jelf, Fitzgerald and Anderson (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/6836-paging-mssrs-jelf-fitzgerald-anderson.html)

Paul Corfield June 17th 08 09:48 PM

Paging Mssrs Jelf, Fitzgerald and Anderson

Re UTL drinks we currently have a date set (15 July) but no agreed
venue, warning to landlord / reserved table(s), time, method of
identifying who might be coming, how to spot fellow ulters etc etc.

Perhaps some decisions and communication might be in order?!!!?

Yours
Programme Manager
The UTL Drinks Project :-)

--
Paul C

Steve Fitzgerald June 17th 08 10:19 PM

Paging Mssrs Jelf, Fitzgerald and Anderson

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
Re UTL drinks we currently have a date set (15 July) but no agreed
venue, warning to landlord / reserved table(s), time, method of
identifying who might be coming, how to spot fellow ulters etc etc.

Perhaps some decisions and communication might be in order?!!!?

Wasn't the Head Of Steam (or the Doric Arch - whatever it's called this
week?) at Euston, the location of choice?

I might offer Mr Wetherspoon's offering at the Metropolitan Bar at Baker
Street as a backup.

Yours
Programme Manager
The UTL Drinks Project :-)

See.. you didn't need us at all!

Tom Anderson June 17th 08 11:36 PM

Paging Mssrs Jelf, Fitzgerald and Anderson

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

Re UTL drinks we currently have a date set (15 July) but no agreed
venue, warning to landlord / reserved table(s), time, method of
identifying who might be coming, how to spot fellow ulters etc etc.

Perhaps some decisions and communication might be in order?!!!?

Wasn't the Head Of Steam (or the Doric Arch - whatever it's called this
week?) at Euston, the location of choice?

I thought that also.

I might offer Mr Wetherspoon's offering at the Metropolitan Bar at Baker
Street as a backup.

I wonder if a closer backup might be better.

There's a place called the Exmouth Arms tucked away behind Euston. It's a
decent, normal pub, and virtually never busy, even on friday evenings.

Yours
Programme Manager
The UTL Drinks Project :-)

See.. you didn't need us at all!

No, no, no, Paul's just the programme manager. He's going to put out a
request for tenders, which we can respond to, then award a concession to
one of us to organise and operate the meet. The concessionaire will
sub-contract location selection, table reservation, communication etc to
partners, subject to EU fast-track bidding regulations, and manage the
consortium's delivery schedule, which will have to be approved by the
programme manager, who is in turn reporting to the UTL Board.

This is all assuming the unions agree to it, of course.

tom

--
Judge Dredd. Found dead. Face down in Snoopy's bed.

Colin Rosenstiel June 17th 08 11:46 PM

Paging Mssrs Jelf, Fitzgerald and Anderson

In article , ] (Steve
Fitzgerald) wrote:

In message , Paul
Corfield writes
Re UTL drinks we currently have a date set (15 July) but no agreed
venue, warning to landlord / reserved table(s), time, method of
identifying who might be coming, how to spot fellow ulters etc etc.

Perhaps some decisions and communication might be in order?!!!?

Wasn't the Head Of Steam (or the Doric Arch - whatever it's called
this week?) at Euston, the location of choice?

I might offer Mr Wetherspoon's offering at the Metropolitan Bar at
Baker Street as a backup.

Yours
Programme Manager
The UTL Drinks Project :-)

See.. you didn't need us at all!

And a start time? I have a later meeting so could only make early evening,
with a marked preference for Euston.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Ian Jelf June 18th 08 10:21 AM

Paging Mssrs Jelf, Fitzgerald and Anderson

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
Re UTL drinks we currently have a date set (15 July) but no agreed
venue, warning to landlord / reserved table(s), time, method of
identifying who might be coming, how to spot fellow ulters etc etc.

Funnily enough I've been meaning to post something about this for a few
days but have been up to my ears in stuff and didn't get around to it!

As others have said, I'd assumed it to be the Head of Steam/Doric Arch
and was wondering about time. I'm actually flexible as I'll be doing
some research that day and can arrive at any time, early or late. Or
both!

I'd be quite happy with the Metropolitan Bar at Baker Street as a
back-up, good railway heritage and a pleasant place. I don't know the
Exmouth Arms but that wouldn't be a problem either.

What time does everyone fancy? I'd thought in terms of 7.00pm but
earlier if that's better for Colin?

Perhaps some decisions and communication might be in order?!!!?

I was going to accept the concession for this but I decided that the
returns weren't sufficiently large so I've sold out to an Australian
Investment bank. ;-)

As for recognising us, I'm often mistaken for Jeremy Spake from
Airport.......
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

John Rowland June 18th 08 10:39 AM

Ian Jelf wrote:

As for recognising us, I'm often mistaken for Jeremy Spake from
Airport.......

The group's logo on a sheet of A4 on the table will sort the recognition
problem.
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/7069/utl.gif

Tom Anderson June 18th 08 12:47 PM

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, John Rowland wrote:

Ian Jelf wrote:

As for recognising us, I'm often mistaken for Jeremy Spake from
Airport.......

The group's logo on a sheet of A4 on the table will sort the recognition
problem.
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/7069/utl.gif

Oh, that's very nice. Who came up with that, and how long ago?

tom

--
The future is still out there, somewhere.

John Rowland June 18th 08 01:03 PM

Ian Jelf wrote:

As for recognising us, I'm often mistaken for Jeremy Spake from
Airport.......

The group's logo on a sheet of A4 on the table will sort the
recognition problem.
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/7069/utl.gif

Oh, that's very nice. Who came up with that, and how long ago?

Me, a long time ago, when I was the core of the group, before I became its
lunatic fringe.

John Rowland June 18th 08 01:10 PM

Ian Jelf wrote:

As for recognising us, I'm often mistaken for Jeremy Spake from
Airport.......

The group's logo on a sheet of A4 on the table will sort the
recognition problem.
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/7069/utl.gif

Oh, that's very nice. Who came up with that, and how long ago?

May 2000. It was done as a badge which I wore to the Tramlink opening day,
so that other UTLers could accost me. I saw one other person wearing it: he
doesn't post here any more, but is still a friend.

[email protected] June 18th 08 01:51 PM

Paging Mssrs Jelf, Fitzgerald and Anderson

Ian Jelf wrote:

As for recognising us, I'm often mistaken for Jeremy Spake from
Airport.......

The group's logo on a sheet of A4 on the table will sort the
recognition problem.
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/7069/utl.gif

Oh, that's very nice. Who came up with that, and how long ago?

Me, a long time ago, when I was the core of the group, before I became its
lunatic fringe.

That design looks like it would sit very nicely on a banner or some
arm bands on donkey jackets ;)

B2003