London Banter

-   -   one-day-bus pass (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/6843-one-day-bus-pass.html)

Michèle[_2_] June 19th 08 02:25 PM

one-day-bus pass

Good afternoon,

I should want to know how much it is to buy a one-day-bus-pass without
the Oyster card, to travel in London.
And where to buy it (I arrive at St Pancras station)

Thans for your replies.

Michèle

MIG June 19th 08 02:49 PM

one-day-bus pass

On 19 Jun, 15:25, Michèle wrote:
Good afternoon,

I should want to know how much it is to buy a one-day-bus-pass without
the Oyster card, to travel in London.
And where to buy it (I arrive at St Pancras station)

Thans for your replies.

Michèle

If you go to a London Underground station they will probably try to
persuade you that £3 credit on Oyster is a better deal than a one-day
bus pass.

I thought a one-day bus pass was £3.60, but the guide I've just looked
up says £3.50. You can certainly get a paper bus pass from many local
shops (mainly newsagents). More shops can sell paper tickets than can
sell Oyster, because they don't all have the Oyster equipment.

Obviously, if you use less than four buses, you still have some of the
Oyster £3 left for the next day, while the one-day bus pass expires
whether you use it or not.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...s-08-01-02.pdf

Neil Williams June 19th 08 07:02 PM

one-day-bus pass

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 07:49:42 -0700 (PDT), MIG
wrote:

I thought a one-day bus pass was =A33.60, but the guide I've just looked
up says =A33.50. You can certainly get a paper bus pass from many local
shops (mainly newsagents). More shops can sell paper tickets than can
sell Oyster, because they don't all have the Oyster equipment.

You can also buy a paper pass from a bus ticket machine. These are
found at most bus stops in central London, and require exact change.

Neil

--
Neil Williams