London Banter

-   -   ELL dot matrices (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/685-ell-dot-matrices.html)

Martin Smith September 8th 03 09:04 PM

ELL dot matrices

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 01:15:45 +0100, James Farrar
wrote:
The dot matrix display at New Cross has had its encapsulated line
diagrams removed and was saying "System under test". Spotted as my
Connex train went non-stop through the station...

indeed, it seems to be giving out accurate information, and still
showing "System under test".
So I propose 3 cheers for getting it working,
but also 3 jeers for taking so long :)

--
Martin Smith

Stevie September 9th 03 07:51 PM

ELL dot matrices

wrote:

The dot matrix display at New Cross has had its encapsulated line
diagrams removed and was saying "System under test". Spotted as my
Connex train went non-stop through the station...

indeed, it seems to be giving out accurate information, and still
showing "System under test".
So I propose 3 cheers for getting it working,
but also 3 jeers for taking so long :)

And just in time for them to start planning whatever new system they'll
need for the ELLE.

I find it amazing it's taken them so long to sort this out - the ELL is
hardly the longest or most complex line is it?