London Banter

-   -   2.5 month closure of Watford DC Lines to Euston (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/6888-2-5-month-closure-watford.html)

1506 July 2nd 08 05:15 PM

2.5 month closure of Watford DC Lines to Euston

On Jul 1, 5:32*am, "Peter Masson" wrote:
wrote

As for Chris Tolley's comment: "... and thus give people the
opportunity of picking up the Victoria Line
at Highbury and Islington...", a basic knowledge of London geography
would tell you that H&I is 3 miles to the east of South Hampstead -
hardly convenient!

If the long-term plan to divert the DC away from Euston ever resurfaces
there would seem to be a case for reopening Primrose Hill and building an
intercahnge with Chalk Farm.

Peter

I have always thought that would be a good move. Although DC would no
longer run to Euston, Euston would still be accessible with one easy
change. I say easy because the Northorn Line is close to the surface
at that point and the Primrose Hill platforms are not far away.

Adrian

[email protected] July 12th 08 01:01 PM

On 2 Jul, 18:15, 1506 wrote:

I have always thought that would be a good move. *Although DC would no
longer run to Euston, Euston would still be accessible with one easy
change. *I say easy because the Northorn Line is close to the surface
at that point and the Primrose Hill platforms are not far away.

Adrian

... and have you tried getting on the Northern Line at peak time at
Chalk Farm?!?! There is a perfectly good transport link between
Kilburn High Road, South Hampstead, Chalk Farm and Camden Town in the
31 bus. Why replicate this route with a rail service?

These are not just lines on a map... there are people following those
lines trying to get around London to go about their daily lives. Why
should the hundreds of people who use each and every train to and from
Euston (from stations far further north than just Kilburn High Road)
lose a vital service, even for 2.5 months??