Old July 3rd 08, 11:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Whoops!

Travel news
CIRCLE LINE: Suspended due to faulty communications equipment.

HAMMERSMITH & CITY LINE: Severe delays are occurring due to earlier faulty
communications equipment.

METROPOLITAN LINE: Severe delays are occurring due to faulty communications
equipment.

DISTRICT LINE: Severe delays are occurring due to faulty communications
equipment.

BAKERLOO LINE: Minor delays are occurring due to faulty communications
equipment.

Does anyone know what broke, and why they don't have a spare one?

Old July 3rd 08, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

It is somewhat an improvement on what was there an hour ago - Circle,
H&C, and District lines were all completely suspended.
Old July 3rd 08, 12:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Alex" wrote in message

It is somewhat an improvement on what was there an hour ago - Circle,
H&C, and District lines were all completely suspended.

And the LU status display on my Google home page has ceased functioning.
Obviously a widespread problem.

MaxB

Old July 3rd 08, 04:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 3 Jul, 13:56, "Batman55" wrote:
"Alex" wrote in message

It is somewhat an improvement on what was there an hour ago - Circle,
H&C, and District lines were all completely suspended.

And the LU status display on my Google home page has ceased functioning.
Obviously a widespread problem.

MaxB

I gather a yougart (spelling police please) pot fell off a string
meaning communications weren't very easy down there!
Old July 3rd 08, 05:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
dB dB is offline

And the LU status display on my Google home page has ceased functioning.

Due to faulty communications equipment presumably.

Old July 3rd 08, 10:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 3, 6:40 pm, "dB" wrote:
And the LU status display on my Google home page has ceased functioning.

Due to faulty communications equipment presumably.

Defective Connect PFI radio equipment at Baker Street.
Old July 3rd 08, 11:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

On Jul 3, 11:58*pm, chunky munky
wrote:
On Jul 3, 6:40 pm, "dB" wrote:

And the LU status display on my Google home page has ceased functioning.

Due to faulty communications equipment presumably.

Defective Connect PFI radio equipment at Baker Street.

AND this morning Heathrow Connect was terminating at Hayes and
Harlington (an increasingly frequent occurance) whereby all pax
heading for Heathrow are unceremoniously booted out of the train on
the bay platform 5 and told to continue their journey by bus. H&H
being surrounded by an enourmous building site does not even have a
lift, only very steep stairs, and the Connect and FGW platform staff
aren't inclined to help tem. And so the happless intending air pax -
having paid £6.30 each to get to Heathrow - then have to lummox their
luggage up the stairs to the foyer. There they then have to pay £2
each to continue their interrupted - and by now stressful - journey to
Heathrow hopefully not missing their flight(s). CJB.
Old July 4th 08, 10:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 3, 11:58 pm, chunky munky
wrote:
On Jul 3, 6:40 pm, "dB" wrote:

And the LU status display on my Google home page has ceased functioning.

Due to faulty communications equipment presumably.

Defective Connect PFI radio equipment at Baker Street.

Obviously no one in LUL has ever heard the phrase "backup system".
Pathetic.

B2003
Old July 4th 08, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 4, 12:11 am, CJB wrote:
AND this morning Heathrow Connect was terminating at Hayes and
Harlington (an increasingly frequent occurance) whereby all pax
heading for Heathrow are unceremoniously booted out of the train on
the bay platform 5 and told to continue their journey by bus. H&H

Frankly , if you've got any brains you get a minicab to an airport.
Relying on public transport is as good as missing your flight. I can't
remember the last time I took the tube to heathrow or southern to
gatwick. Even if the mainline railways are running fine the tube will
always screw you over somehow preventing you from getting to victoria
or paddington.

B2003